Fort Wilderness Restaurants

ols386

I want to live at Disney World!!
When staying at one of the Ft. Wilderness cabins, how do you get from your cabin to one of the restaurants or the general store located within FW? Can you drive a car? Drive a golf cart? Or do you have to take a bus?

You have to use the internal bus or a golf cart. You are only permitted to drive to and from your cabin and the front entrance.

You have to use the internal bus or a golf cart. You are only permitted to drive to and from your cabin and the front entrance.

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Thanks for answering the other question about smoking on the deck of the cabins. DH smokes, so wanting to stay at a resort/location that makes it convenient for him, otherwise he'll be complaing about it, lol.

Looks like you've stayed at the cabins. What did you think about them? Did you like it, or no. Anything specific about staying there that you liked or didn't like?

Ah, ok. Thanks!

Thanks for answering the other question about smoking on the deck of the cabins. DH smokes, so wanting to stay at a resort/location that makes it convenient for him, otherwise he'll be complaing about it, lol.

Looks like you've stayed at the cabins. What did you think about them? Did you like it, or no. Anything specific about staying there that you liked or didn't like?

You're welcome! ;)

Yes, we stayed there in 2009 and are planning our next trip there. We like having a living room to hang out in and a kitchen. We love staying in a 1br villa but they are getting too pricey. We find we spend more on each trip than we'd like. So the cabin is a good compromise.

Storage was an issue for us, but that was mostly organization. I didn't think of storing things in the van, like suitcases. Or using the kitchen cabinets or under the sink in the bathroom. I've learned a lot and would be able to handle it better now vs. then.

It's amazing how lovely it is under the trees. We stayed in loop 2500 which was next to the quiet pool and laundry room, and across the street from a bus stop so it was really convenient. Next time we'll probably get a golf cart because we want to hang out at the resort and do activities at the Meadows area or drive the cart to the MK boat. But we were fine using the bus last time. We're never in a hurry.

Last summer at OKW we had a herd of elephants staying upstairs. That won't happen at a cabin. In January we had screaming kids and flushing toilets all around us. Again, that won't happen in a cabin.

I always caution anyone who is a go-go type of visitor that the cabin may not be your style. But if you like to relax, have an adult beverage, and enjoy a really well-themed atmosphere, then the Fort is wonderful. We love Trail's End for dinner and like nothing better than fireworks and the electrical water pageant on the beach.

The Fort is the best during major holidays. They have a golf cart parade and Disney awards prizes for the best ones. Look around youtube and you'll see how awesome. Plus the holiday decorations are second to none. We will definitely stay at the Fort for our next Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday visit.

You're welcome! ;)

Yes, we stayed there in 2009 and are planning our next trip there. We like having a living room to hang out in and a kitchen. We love staying in a 1br villa but they are getting too pricey. We find we spend more on each trip than we'd like. So the cabin is a good compromise.

Storage was an issue for us, but that was mostly organization. I didn't think of storing things in the van, like suitcases. Or using the kitchen cabinets or under the sink in the bathroom. I've learned a lot and would be able to handle it better now vs. then.

It's amazing how lovely it is under the trees. We stayed in loop 2500 which was next to the quiet pool and laundry room, and across the street from a bus stop so it was really convenient. Next time we'll probably get a golf cart because we want to hang out at the resort and do activities at the Meadows area or drive the cart to the MK boat. But we were fine using the bus last time. We're never in a hurry.

Last summer at OKW we had a herd of elephants staying upstairs. That won't happen at a cabin. In January we had screaming kids and flushing toilets all around us. Again, that won't happen in a cabin.

I always caution anyone who is a go-go type of visitor that the cabin may not be your style. But if you like to relax, have an adult beverage, and enjoy a really well-themed atmosphere, then the Fort is wonderful. We love Trail's End for dinner and like nothing better than fireworks and the electrical water pageant on the beach.

The Fort is the best during major holidays. They have a golf cart parade and Disney awards prizes for the best ones. Look around youtube and you'll see how awesome. Plus the holiday decorations are second to none. We will definitely stay at the Fort for our next Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday visit.

Oh my, thank you so very much for all of this information! I appreciate it so much. Great point about not having someone above you stomping around or hearing noise from rooms next to you.

Do we need reservations when dining at the Trails End?

If you're driving and so inclined it's nice to ride bicycles around the Fort. Otherwise, we always rent golf carts. There's a nice smaller pool in the cabin area and the laundry room there is mostly deserted and clean. We found the beds, even the murphy bed, to be comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter