• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Goin4forty

Mouseketeer
I have looked for another thread on this resort but didn't find much. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Fort Wilderness. We are thinking of buying a motorhome and would drive from Wisconsin to Florida the first week of December. (I know, pretty crazy!! :crazy: ) I am assuming it is very nice as far as campgrounds go.

I would appreciate any advice anyone has!

Kris

Where do we start :teeth:

My suggestion would be to read some of the previous threads.
The question is very broad and difficult to answer.

IMHO its the nicest campground we have ever been to.

It would be helpful to know your family makeup and camping history (if any)

Scott

Thanks for the responses. I will check out the link.

We have a 29 ft. fifth wheel that we have owned for 3 years. We have a 9 yr. old DD and a 13 yr. old DD who both love to camp. We have stayed at 4 different Disney resorts, but it was less than half the total price (for 6 nights) to drive to Florida and stay at Fort Wilderness.

Thanks again for the advice! :)

tim5055 said:
You can also check out my FWpage, link below...

I added your link to my favorites also!!!---We are camping for the first time w/5 kids at FW this summer so I always grab all the info I can===Thanks!!

Goin4forty said:
I have looked for another thread on this resort but didn't find much. Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Fort Wilderness. We are thinking of buying a motorhome and would drive from Wisconsin to Florida the first week of December. (I know, pretty crazy!! :crazy: ) I am assuming it is very nice as far as campgrounds go.

I would appreciate any advice anyone has!

Kris
Boy does that bring back memories. My parents used to take us to Disney in a motorhome all the time when we were little, and we always used to stay in Fort Wilderness. Granted it was over 20 years ago, but they still talk about it as the best camping expirience with kids they ever had. (Especially the clean restrooms) And I can still remember going. Its a great expirience for kids. Petting zoos, bus and tram service, right across from MK. AWESOME pizza, and a really nice beach, too. (Try ordering pizza as a late night snack, and sitting on the beach watching the light parade on the lake while your waiting for it. Still one of my best memories. I think they still have it.) The pools are beautiful, and the breakfast buffet is really great. All in all, a great trip idea. We're taking our two next Feb, and tenting, so in short, yes, I recommend it, you'll have a great time.

Melissa

P.S. Make sure to catch Chip and Dales Campfire singalong and movie night too!

Do I sound like a walking commercial, or what? :banana: Its just my husband is the ultimate anti-Mickey, and I love everything about Disney, so sometimes I have to vent. Thanks for listening :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter