fort wilderness question

samsdad

Earning My Ears
can anyone help????what are the best standard rooms at fort wilderness lodge? thanks

At Wilderness Lodge? The standard rooms are located in two places:

On levels 4-6 in the North Wing. These rooms are over the loading dock for the restaurant, so I would request a high floor. They have a view of the woods beyond the dock and you can see some of the fireworks from the Magic Kingdom through the trees. People have said that you can hear trucks backing up at times.

On level 4 lobby directly over the Check-in Desk. These rooms have a view of the rooftops going out to the bus stop. One advantage to these rooms that I never thought of before someone mentioned it recently in the WL thread is that you can sit sit right outside your room in the lobby rocking chairs. I can see this being really nice during Christmas!

Most people put in a room request of North Wing, High Floor for standard rooms. There have also been quite a few people who have been upgraded to a woods view or courtyard view, though I would not count on that.

I hope this helps.

Brian

I do believe you are combining 2 resorts.

Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground and then there is the Wilderness Lodge, which is a deluxe resort.

Which one are you asking about??

fort wilderness resort--sorry about the confusion. should i just get a standard with a woods view or take my chances

fort wilderness resort--sorry about the confusion. should i just get a standard with a woods view or take my chances

You are still confused!! FORT WILDERNESS RESORT is the campground, campsites and cabins. WILDERNESS LODGE RESORT is a hotel.

I'll assume you mean Wilderness Lodge. I only stayed there twice. One time we booked a standard view room and received a Courtyard View room.

We stayed at WL 2 years ago and requested a standard view. We were tucked away in a corner, looking at the roof and the back of the bus area. Not a terrible view but definitely not scenic. I would def request a woods view if view is important to you. We are hardly ever in our room it seems, so I always go for the standard view.

If you have never stayed at WL you are in for a treat. The theming is wonderful - so cozy - you truly feel like you are in the Northwest! Also, if you have a chance pick up a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World at your local library or the book store. They have some good room suggestions. Happy Planning! :goodvibes

sorry. i am new at this:confused3

That is ok, unless you have been there, those 2 can sometimes be confusing. With "wilderness" in both names, it is a common mistake.

WL is so beautiful! We haven't had a luxury of staying there, but we eat there every trip.
Whispering Canyon is my husband's favorite restaurant, so it is a must do for us.

The resort is so handy to MK. You can take a boat to MK, it is about 10 mins or so and is very relaxing. After a long day at the park it is nice to unwind on the water.
The landscaping is very lush and woodsy, you really think you are in Montana or somewhere like that. You don't feel you are in Florida that is for sure.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation!!

took dizgirls advice and upgraded reservation to woods view. this way if i get an upgrade then fantastic...if not i won't be disappointed.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter