Fort Wilderness outdoor movie?

laurajetter

Mouseketeer<br><Font color="red">The Tag Fairy thi
I've recently heard something about Fort Wilderness having outdoor movies? My husband and I will be staying at WL this September and thought an outdoor movie might be fun since we are so close, but I have a few questions:
Do these happen every night?
Do you need to sign up for it?
Is there a cost?
What time do they usually start?

Thanks for any info you may have!
-Laura

They do show the move everynight unless weather is bad. It is free. Prior to the show there is a Chip and Dale sing along. It is geared toward the kids but it is fun.

FW is a great place. Camped there for 17yrs.

CHIP 'N DALE'S CAMPFIRE SING-A-LONG

Sing-a-Long at 8:00pm, Movie at 8:40pm

Kids of all ages are invited to come and sing all their favorite campfire songs with Chip 'N' Dale. Located behind the Meadow Trading Post, the theater under the stars is a fabulous place to get into that "Disney Spirit" while roastin’ marshmallows. Stay after the show and watch classic Disney movies starting at 8:40pm. In the event of inclement weather, a "Porch Jam" sing-a-long will take place at the Ol' Meadow Swimmin' Hole. Movie and Sing-a-Long are free of charge. Chuckwagon Fixin's 'n Such offers pizza, hot dogs, nachos, snacks, marshmallows, beverages, and ice cream.

Note: All movies & characters are outside. Campfire Show is held nightly if weather permits.

:earsboy:

This is such a cute part of our stay at FW, and my 16 y/o daughter loves to stay for the whole movie every time! She has to really plan her day around the campfire program if the movie showing that night is one of her favorites, and they all are!

I don't know what time the movies start in the fall, but in the summer, the campfire program begins at 8 pm and then at 8:40 the movie starts. There is singing and Chip and Dale visit for pictures. There is no cost or reservation required, but it is a good idea to get there a little early if you want one of the "log" benches which have a better view of the screen. Really there is not a bad seat to be had. You can bring your own marshmallows to roast for s'mores, or buy a package which includes everything you need for around $5. The movie schedule is posted over on the Camping board right about the first of each month. Actually someone on the boards over there might know exactly what time the movie/program begins in the fall.

Have fun!:wave2:

Can anyone go to this or is this just for guest of FW? We're staying at ASMo but would love something like this to do on our first day since we won't be visiting the parks until the next day. TIA :teeth:

Regarding inclement weather, we learned last year that the movie will go on even if it is pouring down rain (as long as it is not an electical storm). However, if it rains, Chip n Dale won't appear for the sing along and the sing along is moved to the pool area (and I think the campfires are not lit). After going over one evening and not seeing Chip n Dale, I called before we went over the next evening to see if they would appear and I was told that it depended if they got late afternoon rain or not. It wasn't raining at POR at that time, but the CM pointed out that rain could pop up anytime and said "their costumes just get too heavy when they get wet"....I said "COSTUMES? WHAT COSTUMES?", but the CM apparently didn't share the humor.

Is there a schedule of movies to be shown? LIke for August?

Check the Camping boards for this info. It is posted around the first of each month for that month only.

Check on the camping board for a list of movies. Usually, the movie list is posted at the first of the month. Right now July is up, but it will be a few weeks before August is posted. In the fall and winter I believe that the sing along starts about 7:00 and the movie at 7:30. (That is after the time change in October.)

We're staying at the WL in Dec. for my dd's 5th birthday and I think she would really enjoy this. Do they have the sing a long during the first couple of weeks of Dec?

Yes, they do. It can be a little cool sometimes, though. So be sure to bring a jacket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter