Fort Wilderness is full - Secondary site recommendations?

JWimberley

Disney Owner (0.00000074%) ;o)
We were planning on doing some tent camping during our trip but I underestimated the demand and there are no tent spots available during our stay :sad: We were planning on arriving June 3rd and staying until the 8th in our tent. We've got DVC reservations after that...

Does anyone have an alternate tent camping site that they like?

Any recommendations are more than appreciated. Also, my girls love the beach so we may consider just starting the vacation camping on the coast and then coming into Orlando. So any beach camping tips are welcome too!!

Thanks,
Joshua

Joshua,

I'd say try again. I used the ressie tool at disneyworld.com and for in on 6/3 and out on 6/8 and got availability on all site types. Early June is not a busy (full) time at the Fort.

If, for some reason, you should get no availability for the site type you want, the Disney system will show availability for a longer period but not a shorter. For example, it might show no avail 6/3-6/8 but WILL show avail 6/3-6/14 (as an exampe). The longest you can book on a single ressie is 30 days. Book the longer trip then call back in a day or two and drop the unwanted days.

Also, tents can go on Tent/Partials, Full, and Preferred sites because they all have a sand pad (although the Tent/Partials have the biggest pads). So you should be able to find a site with a sand pad to pitch your tent and have a good time.

Early June is warm but not unbearable. I hope you have a great trip.

Bama Ed

Is the Fort ever #REALLY full? You just have to know how to work the system during the busier times....and know when the busier times are.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter