• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness Haunted Wagon Ride?

FionaLovesShrek

<font color=green>Oompah....Argh!<br><font color=p
This is my 3rd attempt to post. I keep getting that there are problems with the Dis discussion forums. So, ok, here goes. I read about the haunted wagon ride on the Dis Homepage. It sounds like fun, and would be easy access with us staying at WL. I would like to hear from those who have done this. Was it worth it? What does the ride entail? Will my DD (who just turned 9) enjoy it? :confused3

We did the Haunted Hayride during our trip to FW in October of 2001. The hayride runs about 15 minutes and follows a similar route to the normal hayride. The wagon operator/guide outlines the story of Ichabod Crane and the Ride of the Headless Horseman.

I don't want to spoil the suprise, but there are some activities while in the swampy area that brings aspects of the tale to life. It's definately worth the expense and suitable for a 9 year old.

I agree with the previous poster. We did this with a Girl Scout group in 2003. Last year, the trail was damaged by a lot of falling trees during one of the hurricanes, and all of the special hayrides were cancelled. The hayride is narrated by a costumed actor who joins the ride in progress. Very well done, and the effects were much better than I thought. I also hesitate the spoil the surprise, but I will tell you that it is really well done, and was quite exciting to the scout group. The trail has special decorations and effects for this event.

I do hope they bring this back this year. We were disappointed that it was not available last year. My 2 DS in their teens love doing this. They know what to expect seeing as they have done it so many times. Halloween is our favorite time to go.

You've got my curiosity piqued. I can't wait for my DD (and ME!) to experience the World at this time of year :Pinkbounc We love hayrides...so maybe we'll see some of you there!

mef78 said:
How can I book a haunted hayride?

Here's the info from the Dis Homepage:

HAUNTED WAGON RIDES 2005

Roam the woods of Fort Wilderness in your Haunted Wagon with a "Legend of Sleepy Hollow" theme.

$15.00 (ages 10 and up), $10.00 (ages 3 -9) No charge for children under age 3
Tickets sold on same day only and are available at the Ft. Wilderness Kennel from 9:00am to 5:00pm
Six rides scheduled each evening
Dates: October 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31

:banana: Can't Wait!!! :banana:

FionaLovesShrek, :Pinkbounc Thanks for posting that info! :cheer2: Anyone know the times?? I would like to make an ADR to coincide? :rotfl:

Talked to FW today no Dates or Time have been set for Fort Wilderness Haunted Wagon Ride. Hope This Helps

If anyone finds out any info on this will you please post it?? :maleficen We would love to do it! it really sounds fun! :maleficen

Hi,
We would love to do this on the 14th . Can I pay for tickets on the day by phone or do I have to go to the kennels? That might be hard .It will be our first ever day of our first ever trip to WDW and my DD6 first trip to the US. We have MK EMH and then CRT for lunch so I wouldnt get there 'til about 2pm and looking at a map the kennnels seem to be on the opposite side of FW from the boat s. I would hate to trek all the way over there to find they had just sold out :-(

When we were there in 2003 you had to show up in person at the kennel to get them.

thx dsneygirl. Does anyone know how rapidly this sells out, would there be any point in me going to try for tickets at the kennels around 1pm -2pm or would they most likely be gone? Would it be possible to ring the kennels and check? Could anyone point me at the number please? Sorry for all the questions! Thx!!

bump for same request on info...It would be the 28th and the first day of our trip...Want to do it sooooo bad...

I'm curious if the dates listed are set in stone
...I had planned for us to do this, but the 14th is our last night and I was saving it for MNSSHP. :confused3

Oh well...it seems a little pricey for a half hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter