• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fort Wilderness campsites and Magic Bands??

Tamiami

Mouseketeer
I'm so sorry I'd this has been covered, but I can't find it! I was just told (by reservations) that it has not been announced if Fort Wilderness will be included in MB testing for December.... I could swear I had read that Fort Wilderness was ALREADY testing. We she just saying that to be cautious, or have they really not been included yet?

I'm seriously considering starting our Christmas week stay with one night in a tent (crazy, I know, lol. But we are avid campers, and have always wanted to camp at Disney, so why not?), and then we will be moving off-site. I think it sounds FUN...check in, set up tent (we've driving from Michigan), and then go check out DD and then come back and take the wagon ride around the campground to check out the decorations. Also wanted to eat at Wilderness Lodge, so we'll be close to do that, too. But, to be honest, a large part of wanting to do this is to get my greedy little hands on MB's. ;) So.....need to know if this is a possibility! Anyone staying in a campsite in December know??

I'm so sorry I'd this has been covered, but I can't find it! I was just told (by reservations) that it has not been announced if Fort Wilderness will be included in MB testing for December.... I could swear I had read that Fort Wilderness was ALREADY testing. We she just saying that to be cautious, or have they really not been included yet?

Fort Wilderness started using MagicBands on 10/21. As of 10/23, all Disney Resorts are using MagicBands.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...-to-more-resorts-in-september-and-october.htm

For what its worth, we are spending a weekend at the Fort the middle of November. We have already received one email and two regular mail requests for us to participate in the magic band testing.

That's what I thought!! But the CM (I know, I know, lol) just told me that Fort Wilderness is NOT included in December. What the heck.

My family and I are camping Christmas week at the Fort and I have already customized our MB. We have until Nov. 19th to customize them.

1Grumpy9 said:
My family and I are camping Christmas week at the Fort and I have already customized our MB. We have until Nov. 19th to customize them.

Thank you, that is good news. =D I think we probably will go this route....now I'm even more excited than I was!! And my co-workers were already sick of me mentioning Disney every day....LOL

We are also staying from 12/22 thru 1/3 at the Fort in our RV, and have both personalized magicbands, and set up FastPass+ for our whole trip! :cool1: Here's hoping it all works like it's supposed to! :goodvibes

icon123 said:
You should stay for more than a day...

Would LOVE to....but it's not in the budget this time. And, we already have reservations (early-bird special, so already paid) for somewhere off-site for the rest of our time in Kissimmee. Besides, not sure DD19 would deal with camping alllll week. ;)

For what its worth, we are spending a weekend at the Fort the middle of November. We have already received one email and two regular mail requests for us to participate in the magic band testing.

What exactly is the magic band?

Thank you, that is good news. =D I think we probably will go this route....now I'm even more excited than I was!! And my co-workers were already sick of me mentioning Disney every day....LOL

How do you receive a magic band?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter