Fort Wilderness Camping & Disney Addiction

sandieb

DIS Veteran
I was pretty surprised today when I called DVC to use points at Fort Wilderness next April - there was no availability. We have a ton of points but I borrowed all but 95 for 2012. We have a lovely camper and thought we would use points and bring our camper down. So, instead we booked 7 days in a campsite to the tune of $880. We'll spend the last 2 nights at the BCV.

Actually, I think I am a Disney Addict! We were supposed to take a year off Disney to get square with our points. Every vacation plan we reviewed sounded lame compared to the fun we have at WDW and our DVC home. I didn't exactly mope, but I did let my husband know how sad I was to go a year without a trip home. Next thing I knew I was on the phone to Member Services.

I guess that Disney will only allow so many points in use at Fort Wilderness - that is why I could book for cash instead. I'm not complaining as we have the trip worked out. I think the campsite is close to the cost of a value room. Go figure!
Sandie

Yours is a post that has been voiced before. Despite being allowed to trade out to campgrounds at FW, members have found availability either scarce or non-existent.

I have heard that some members extend their search for days at the fort then cancell the days they do not need, then of course they are only able to use those pointe at a Disney resort not a DVC( I think that was how they explained it).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter