Fort Wilderness Camp.....how to navigate???

Rosey lea

Earning My Ears
Hello there :wave2:

On our next trip we are planning on visiting FWC to hire some small motorized boats (sea raycers) and dine at Trails End.

We will get the boat from The Contemporary resort, does anyone know if this stops near the Fort Marina at FWC? How many boat stops are there at the FWC? Will we have to get a bus around the campsite?

Also, how far away is Trails End from the Fort Marina? Can your walk it or do you need to get another bus?

I find the transport to and around this resort very confusing :confused:

Thanks

Hello there :wave2: On our next trip we are planning on visiting FWC to hire some small motorized boats (sea raycers) and dine at Trails End. We will get the boat from The Contemporary resort, does anyone know if this stops near the Fort Marina at FWC? How many boat stops are there at the FWC? Will we have to get a bus around the campsite? Also, how far away is Trails End from the Fort Marina? Can your walk it or do you need to get another bus? I find the transport to and around this resort very confusing :confused: Thanks

No need to worry. There is only one dock at Ft Wilderness. It's a lovely marina area and the Trail's End restaurant is nearby, within walking distance. Enjoy!

The term "Fort Wilderness Camp" conjures up visions of outhouses and "roughing" it. Fort Wilderness Campgrounds is the name of a moderate Disney Resort.:rotfl2: It is really nice.!!
There is one marina at FW and it is near Trail's End for the buffet. It is a short walk up a well marked trail.
It is great
Enjoy

Hello there :wave2: On our next trip we are planning on visiting FWC to hire some small motorized boats (sea raycers) and dine at Trails End. We will get the boat from The Contemporary resort, does anyone know if this stops near the Fort Marina at FWC? How many boat stops are there at the FWC? Will we have to get a bus around the campsite? Also, how far away is Trails End from the Fort Marina? Can your walk it or do you need to get another bus? I find the transport to and around this resort very confusing :confused: Thanks[/QUOTE

No need to worry. There is only one dock for FT. Wilderness Campground. Sometimes the boat might go to the Wilderness Lodge as well though. That confuses a lot of people because the name is similar. That is a completely separate resort, so don't get off there.

Once you get to Ft Wilderness Campground, just get off the boat. The Sea raycer rentals are right there, and when you are ready to eat, the Trail's End restaurant is just a short walk up the pathway. Enjoy!

Thank you all :thanks:

That's put my mind at rest. I had visions of us getting lost and having to get buses all over the resort!

We are really looking forward to doing something a little different by hiring the Sea Raycers. And good job Trails End is within walking distance to the Marina, looks scrummy!!

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter