Fort Wilderness Cabin advice, please! ;-)

SingingMom

DIS Veteran
Thinking of taking an extra trip to visit my DCP daughter on my own in November and there is pretty much nothing reasonably priced available for the AP rate except for a FW cabin. I stayed there as a child in 1976, but in a pop up trailer! The cabins look like a much better option than what I remember of "camping" (scarred for life after that trip, btw LOL) :p

Here are my questions/concerns:

Are the cabins "safe" for a woman alone? I don't know if DD will have the time off to stay with me, or if I will just be meeting up with her before or after her work shifts. DH won't be able to make it for this trip. I'm only going to be there three nights. But, will I feel like I'm alone in the woods in the dark? How isolated of a walk will it be when I return from the parks?

Is it easy to find the Magical Express Bus pick up to get back to the airport?

I know you can take the boats to Magic Kingdom. Do you take buses to AK, HS, and EPCOT?

Thank you for your input! :cutie:

The cabins are just as safe as any Disney property, always plenty of people around, so no reason to feel scared at all. The front desk will give you a ME departure time a day ahead, they will pick you up at the cabin and drive you to the ME bus. Yes you will have to take the bus to AK, HS, and Epcot, there are bus stops at the entrance to all the loops so you won't have to walk very far.

If you can get a cabin in Loop 2700 or 2800 it's not that bad of a walk to the Outpost where you pick up the busses for AK, HS, and Epcot. A few times our last trip we found walking quicker then waiting for the bus, especially if you juts missed a bus. Although dark we never felt unsafe walking back from the bus stop to our cabin, you could always carry one of those small pocket/keychain flashlights if it would make you feel better. I believe one of the choices when doing online check in a cabin close to transportation so that might get you close to the end of a loop

The ME bus picks up at the Outpost and is clearly marked and as a PP said they will pick you up w your luggage at the cabin and bring you up.

We feel in love with FW and the cabins last year and will return in about 50 days and can't wait.

They have been great about cabin loop requests for us. We have stayed in 2800 and 2600 loops and both were great. My husband won't stay anywhere else and our kids love it too! It so nice coming back from a busy day at the parks to the quiet of FW at night! I always feel safe there but am normally in a golf cart and not walking late at night.

Last edited:
Are the cabins "safe" for a woman alone?

1) In my opinion, The Fort is safer than any resort at Disney.
2) Campers stick together and watch out for one another.
3) Plus, it is a lot easier spotting someone walking/milling around, as the cabins have yard-space between them.

ENJOY YOUR TRIP !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter