• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Formula feeding 10month old at disney

We will be taking our 10 month old next week. We bought the To-go packets and ordered water to be delivered. He has always drunk room temp bottles so that's not an issue for us. We do have some ready to feed for the plane because it's easy :)

My DD2 was 11 months old on her first trip and formula fed. Are you a Costco member? We shipped two cases of bottles water directly to AoA through Costco.com and it was waiting for us when we arrived. It was nice as there was no minimum for free shipping, so that was all we bought. Everyday to the parks, we packed a ziplock of clean, empty bottles and as many bottled waters and we needed. Formula was premeasured in the storage canisters mentioned by other posters. The biggest pain in the butt was washing the bottles at the resort every night (don't forget to pack a bottle/nipple brush and dish soap!).

Has anyone brought a formula fed baby to Disney and Disney resort? I'm staying at art of animation. I cannot buy liquid (ready feed) bc she is on soy, and it's hard to find. Do I have to bring my own kettle? I can't bring a case of water in my luggage. Don't really want to constantly buy bottled water four times plus a day. I have the playtex drop in system. Can anyone plus share with me there experience and how they manged everyday at the park, and on the plane and how they prepared bottles, and how they boiled water. Also any baby food packing suggestions too? Thanks!

Unless you are staying in a unit with a kitchenette, you can't use any cooking appliances in a WDW room. They have water in the food court that is filtered - hot water button on the coffee machine for tea - you can fill up a few bottles in the morning to get you through the day. Just keep the powder mix separate until you need to use it. And of course, let the water cool down before giving it to the baby!

Yes she will drink room temperature bottles, she was on Alimentum, read feed for the first five months of her life, so no issues with that! I was just wondering how to prepare, and pack ect. I'm just going to ship water though garden grocer, and maybe take a kettle in my suit case and go from there! I'm going to invest in one of those formula divider, thanks for the tips!

Yes she will drink room temperature bottles, she was on Alimentum, read feed for the first five months of her life, so no issues with that! I was just wondering how to prepare, and pack ect. I'm just going to ship water though garden grocer, and maybe take a kettle in my suit case and go from there! I'm going to invest in one of those formula divider, thanks for the tips!

DS7 was on Nutramigen when he was a baby. I called Enfamil and ordered a case of single-serve ready to feed bottles and had them shipped directly to the hotel. They're a bit more expensive, but it was worth it for the convenience. No missing, measuring, or worrying about keeping cold while out in the parks.

What's the kettle for?

I'm not sure what the kettle is for either?

If you plan to order water, I would throw a bottle or two in your bag. Then pour the desired amount of water into the bottle and add the formula- shake and serve. I'd rinse the nipple out after each use, but with a good rinse, you could get away with a couple of bottles per nipple. Since you use drop ins, I'd just bring the ones you need for the day in a baggie and use as needed. I think drop ins would be way easier for vacation then the Dr Brown's we used.

Otherwise, I would fill with water from the bathroom sink. The drinking fountain water is probably too cold, but I am thinking it is the same water.

We did formula with our 9 month old and ran out because she took way more than usual when we were there. She used good start which they don't sell on property. We were club at contemporary for the stay. The concierge was great - they called a local pharmacy and it was delivered to the hotel for us. Come to find out the pharmacy had to send someone out to get it cause they didn't stock it either. We paid the purchase price for formula which was not much more than cost at home.... No delivery fees. So if you have issues while there speak with hotel concierge and they can probably help.

We did the powder divider and went to baby center to mix and feed. I think the have a cooler that gives hot water but I don't remember for sure.

Kettles are only allowed in onsite rooms with cooking amenities. If you are staying in a suite with a cooktop, they will have a kettle already.

I have never boiled anything. Nor did my kids need their bottles or food warmed. Guess I was really lucky.

My ds12 was 6 months old on his first trip. I filled however many bottles I would need at the hotel with tap water and put the formula into a dispenser. When time to eat came, I put the formula into the bottle, shook and fed.

My big suggestion is to take enough formula. I didn't..nor did I take enough diapers. Very expensive to buy on property and they most likely will not have the kind you use, especially since you said your baby takes soy. Also take a bottle of dish detergent to wash your bottles.

Dd was celebrating her 1st birthday at Disney but the pediatrician had switched her to whole milk and straight table foods at 10 months so she ate what we ate and I bought milk for her whenever she needed it.

The baby centers at each park were so awesome...quiet, relaxing, and they sold/stocked anything you need. If I remember they had microwaves too but maybe someone who has been there more recently can tell you for sure...it's been 8 yrs since we had a baby!

This is not a true statement. They only had regualar Nestle brand formula while we were in the MK baby care center. My son needed formula for sensitive stomachs and they didn't have it.

Another vote for getting your baby to drink room temperature bottles. Makes life so much easier!

Also for baby food get the pouches. They were wonderful. Light to pack and take with us in luggage. So easy to transport.

This is not a true statement. They only had regualar Nestle brand formula while we were in the MK baby care center. My son needed formula for sensitive stomachs and they didn't have it. Another vote for getting your baby to drink room temperature bottles. Makes life so much easier! Also for baby food get the pouches. They were wonderful. Light to pack and take with us in luggage. So easy to transport.

We will be brining my own formula, she is on soy formula! So in the chance we do run out, lol, hopefully they have soy, but I'm going to bring a lot! Yes I well bring those pouches! I actually thought about that last week! Ur right way more easier to pack!

She does drink room temp bottles so no issue with that! I will by the formula container divider thing! Thanks everyone! All my questions have been answered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter