• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Formal wear

TeamH5

DIS Veteran
We are cruising on the Dream in January. 4 day Bahama's... What's the rule on Formal wear for dinner?? I know on the 7 day cruise there's 1 Formal dinner, but what about 4 day ones? I'm buying little Cindarella and Belle gowns for my daughters, I thought it'd be fun for me to get a similiar gown to doll up in for at least one of our dinner meals. I'm not so worried about my little guy as a suit, button down shirt and nice tie will probably suffice for him, but how formal can/should us girls go on a 4 night?

I asked a question today about Navigators and found out the answer to your question as well. There is not a formal night on the Dream 4-night cruises. That makes it easy for us to plan our wardrobes. No really fancy stuff to get all wrinkled in the suitcases. Hope this helps... and enjoy your cruise.

:flower3: Jackie

The 3 and 4 night cruises have what they call "dress up night". I'm taking a sport coat but only because I need it for Palo! But since I will have it with me, I might wear it on dress up night. :teeth:

On 3 and 4 night cruises, there is one night designated as "Dress up optional." There is no formal night. People wear all sorts of things on the dress up night--literally everything from a ball gown to shorts. Most people wear something along the lines of "church clothes." A few really dress up.

Honestly, nothing you choose for this night would be out of place!

The 3 and 4 night cruises have what they call "dress up night". I'm taking a sport coat but only because I need it for Palo! But since I will have it with me, I might wear it on dress up night. :teeth:

FYI - a sport coat is not needed for Palo.

Dress Code
At Palo, dress pants and shirt or jacket is required for men and a dress or pantsuit is required for women. Please no jeans, shorts, capri pants, flip-flops or tennis shoes.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/palo/
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/magic/dining/palo/

Thanks for asking & answering!!

This was one of my questions as well. I think it may be fun to dress up one of the nights! Make it seen special!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter