formal semi formal night attire

DiMitch

All grown up...but never to old for Disney!
how different is the semi formal vs formal night. I have three really nice long clingy sparkly type gowns that I'd like to get a chance to wear. I was hoping I could wear one to Palo's, one on the formal night, and one on the semi formal night. would these type of dresses be too much for any of these nights?

No, they would not be 'too much.' The cruise is so fun on formal and semi-formal nights. (Actually, it's fun EVERY night.)

There are many posts and debates (but fun debates, that is) on these boards regarding formal and semi-formal attire.

You stated you'd like to 'have a chance to wear' your sparkly gowns. Have at it! :Pinkbounc

When the heck else are you going to be able to wear them. Have at it!

There is really very little distinction between formal and semi-formal night. Some folks don't like to be bothered, we, as with others love to do it up. So go for it, you won't be out of place or over dressed. It is so fun to be dressed to the nines on an elegant cruise ship.

My wife has worn sparkly gowns on formal nights and long dresses on Semi-formal night. Last time I did the full tux on formal night and the tux with a red dress shirt and black tie on semi-formal night.

Just have fun!

Definitely take the dresses & get dolled up. :) I love dressing up on the ship since we don't have opportunities to do that here. Luckily, DH & the kids enjoy it too.

I wore long gowns on our formal and semi-formal nights - I also wore a long gown to Palo. And then I made my DH wear a tux on all three of those nights. It was a blast and we have some lovely pictures to help us remember the experience.

We don't really have a reason to get dressed up like that at home, so we really enjoy it on the cruise. I plan on doing the same for our next cruise.

Wear what you're comfortable with and have a great time! :earsboy:

Thanks so much to all of you.!! I can't wait till October 15th. This is our 2nd Disney cruise, but the first was just a three day with of course no formal nights. I was just really unsure if the dresses I mentioned would be o.k. for semi formal night. I was thinking that maybe it was similar to our lumiers/tritons night on the three day, which was dressy, but certainly not overly so! Thanks again :cool1:

You will see people from one extreme to the other. Do what is comfortable to you & have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter