• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Formal Night

mustang5991

Earning My Ears
On the 7 day Eastern cruise what is the deal with the formal and semi-formal dining nights?

As in, What do I wear and if I have to wear a tux where and when to I rent it???

Just back from the May 1st Eastern Magic...

Formal night was Sunday night and semi-formal night was Thursday.

You do not have to wear a tux. My husband wore a tux on formal night, but the other 2 men in our group did not. There seemed to be a handful of men in tuxedos. The rest wore dark suits. On semi-formal night i don't think we saw any men in tuxedos. :groom:

As for renting a tux, we received a flyer with our cruise documents about renting a tux. We didn't read through it too carefully, but i am sure Disney has it worked out so it is very convenient.

HTH!
JenL

I have never been on a 7 night, but from everything that I have read alot of the gentlemen wear dark colored suits and also some in tuxes. You can rent them from www.cruiselineformal.com . The tux will be in your stateroom when you arrive. Hope this helps!!!

Sharon

Personal preference!! If you don't want to spend the money, you won't look out of place at all in a dark suit. However, feel free to go for the gusto and wear a tux if the mood hits ya!

Most importantly, have a great time!!!

We rented through Cruiseline Formal and were pleasantly surprised. The tux was delivered to our stateroom the day we arrived. Make sure you rent the shoes as well. But please don't feel like you have to wear a tux.:D

Only reason I booked the repositioning cruise is so I could have4 or 5 formal and semi formal nights in the 100 deg F temperatures ;)

Should be HE double hockey sticks for everyone that wants to plan for them on a 14 day cruise. No one will know before we get there :)

Cheers,
Grumbo

On the 4/17/04 Eastern Magic trip, my DH wore a navy sports coat and grey slacks with tie for formal night. He looked great! On semi night he wore the same jacket, a mock turtle sweater type shirt, and dark slacks and again he looked great! In fact the pic we took with Minnie that night is my fav.
It was fun on formal night to see all the folks dressed up.
I did notice on semi formal night that some of the tuxes just had the shirt and slacks:rolleyes: Guess that's what they mean by semi-formal LOL!!

We had formal night last night and were actually not going to go since we didn't bring anything formal. We told the head server that we were not going to come and he said..and I quote so don't flame me "that is just suggested, you don't need to dress up". I had a pair of black slacks and a white shirt and fit in perfectly. I saw one tux in our dining room, lots of suits, a few blue jeans and even one whole family in shorts!! I am amazed at the amount of poeple that wear shorts and tank tops to dinner. We all have been wearing pants and capris, I wouldn't go in shorts but lots of folks do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter