Formal Night: Where Did You Get the Best Deal on Your Dress?

Laurie26739 said:
Dress shopping for myself and DD. Where did you find the best deals on dresses?

eBay. Registered for emails from IGIGI, so I grabbed a dress on sale from there. My MIL found milanoo.com.

Marshall's and Nordstrom Rack often have some good ones at decent prices.

I recently got a nice dress for a fancy wedding on clearance at Kohls for $30! Look you never know what you will find.

In my area, Macy's and Lord & Taylor publish coupons in the local paper. For my last cruise, I got this beautiful Jessica McClintock right as Prom Season was winding down. Originally $379, got it for ~$60 :scared1:

I found plenty of really nice dresses, that certainly could pass for formal night from my local Dress Barn.

Also, Burlington Coat Factory (I don't know if they are nationwide) had beautiful gowns as well as Palazzo Pants with beaded tops for fantastic prices.

Not knocking eBay or other online sources. But I need to try stuff on. I'm no perfect size 4 anymore. :lmao:

ETA: My sister just piped up: Don't forget Marshall's and TJMAXX. She says she finds great stuff there as well. Her job has her in formal wear a-LOT. Also, try thrift stores. Of course not every area is like ours he in DC Metro, but there are thrift stores here that sell nothing but formal wear. Of course, we do have the Capitol Hill castoffs and they ain't half bad... :lmao:

I recently got a nice dress for a fancy wedding on clearance at Kohls for $30! Look you never know what you will find.

Yes! Definitely! Especially if your location carries the Chaps line. My mantra is, if you see it at Kohls and it's not on sale. Come back next week. It will be. :thumbsup2

I recently lost a bunch of weight so I'm going to wear my old prom dress! Lol. At least its back in style (short in front, long in back).

I bought mine from amazon.com I also try zappos because you can order multiple sizes and then ship back the ones that don't fit

eBay. Registered for emails from IGIGI, so I grabbed a dress on sale from there. My MIL found milanoo.com.

Ditto! I got both of my formals for our Repo cruise a few years ago on Ebay for less than $40 each and had them altered.

Clearance rack of the local bridal shop. Got a dress for $40 that was originally $385. and another one at Davids Bridal for $73 Original $ 560.:banana:

I always try Ross also, I've had pretty good luck and the price is always cheap.

I second JC Penney's.

I have gotten some great deals there.

Got my daughter a $100.00 dress for $15. That was my best ever score.

Had my eye on one right after the holidays it was $60 and I waited a few weeks went back and paid $30 for it.

Ross for me as well. And Marshalls and Tj Maxx. I can't believe some of the dresses they have there that I saw in Macy's and got it so much cheaper at Ross or Tj Maxx. In fact one of the dresses I bought at MACYs and then I found the exact same dress at TJ Maxx. Yep a $60 saving and that dress went back to Macys!

It is of course hit or miss but i just keep looking. The other thing I tried to do now that this is our fifth cruise is get a dress that packs well. I find the silky polyester type dresses look nice and travel well. Last year right before we went on the Fantasy I got two dresses at Ross one for Formal and one for Semi Formal. My DH liked both of them alot and one was 24.99 and the other.... 12.99. No kiding they had just been marked down and were in perfect condition so sometimes you get lucky.

I also got most of my cruise wear at Ross. Calvin Klein,Nine West,you name it. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my clothes also,so going there over a few weeks does pay off.:flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter