Formal night - show and tell

JulieL0616

Earning My Ears
I've been searching for pictures of Formal night and I've seen very few. I was wondering if any of you lovely people would want to share your Formal Night pics:thumbsup2. Our first cruise only had semi-formal so this will be our first cruise with formal attire. My daughter and I are having fun picking out dresses. I thought it would be fun to see everyone dressed up:goodvibes.

I don't have anything to share but a question to add. Is there a formal night on all Disney cruises? We are on a three day In July.

I don't know for sure which cruises have formal nights, but our first cruise was a 5 night double dip on the Dream and we only had a semi-formal night.

This was last year on the Fantasy. I know not everyone likes to get dressed up (and pack the necessary clothes to do it), but we enjoy it. There was a huge line for the very popular shot at the bottom of the staircase, so we went this route instead and got both the staircase and Minnie in the photo!

6c78f81e-381e-4bfa-b029-856c71de8d0b_zps0380edac.jpg

Here's ours from the fantasy 7 day in 2012. I don't think I bought any full length on the stairs photos, but to give you an idea, my dress is an A-line skirt about knee length with silver sequin sling back heels. It seemed to be a real mix of formal and semi-formal outfit-wise from the other passengers that night that I remember. Well, except for all the adorable little princesses running around in their sparkly gowns. princess:

1080582_600.jpg

Us on the Fantasy last September (hopefully this image is a reasonable size!)

01b7d2f4-a0df-4a40-9337-c865af5da4c7.jpg

I don't have any pictures here at work of our past cruises, but I can show you what we are wearing for our upcoming June cruise! We are attending a formal cocktail attire wedding on Saturday evening before the cruise and wearing it then also.

This is my dress:
http://www.lightinthebox.com/sheath-column-one-shoulder-knee-length-chiffon-print-dress_p411961.html

And this is my DD's (11):
http://www.girlsdressline.com/purple-flower-girl-dresses/purple-sparkly-sequined-sweetheart-bodice-with-tulle-overlaid-fancy-girl-dress-g3333-pp.html

Formal night on the Wonder from November 2013.

I love formal night! DH was one of a very few that wore a tux and I'm sooo glad he did. He looked fantastic (although every time I look at this photo I wish I could go back and straighten his bow tie!)

formalphoto_zpsf800051a.jpg
[/URL]

Here's ours on the Fantasy. DH always rents a tux so we don't have to pack it.

I don't have anything to share but a question to add. Is there a formal night on all Disney cruises? We are on a three day In July.

3 (as well as 4) night cruises don't have a "formal" night. They do have a Cruise Casual or Dress Up Optional night. You can dress up, or not, as you wish.

You all look so stunning! After looking at so many beautiful photos, I think I need to invest in some nicer formalwear for our upcoming cruise. My current formal dress is actually my wedding dress, with some colourful ribbon and a shawl to liven it up a bit. (Not very exciting.)

Corinna - WOW, just WOW... you (and your dresses) look like you walked right out of a fashion magazine or runway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter