Formal night question...

Peerue

Earning My Ears
I'm confused.....on the 7 day, there is a formal and semi-formal night, right? Well, is the night the same for everyone on the ship? I mean, could we possibly be eating dinner on formal night (evening gowns and tuxes) in one of the restaurants that isn't "formal"? I guess I thought you dress formal in Palos ony, or something! I'm confused--help please!!

On the 7-nights, there are four "themed" nights, where everyone has the same dress code and eats the same menu regardless of which restaurant they're in, and three non-themed nights where you eat your restaurant's menu. So the answer to your question is that on formal or semi-formal nights, the dress code is the same in all restaurants, and yes, you could be in Parrot Cay for one (which is really no big deal). The other nights are a Tropical/Mexican night and a Small World night (which I think has been re-named). On these nights, the menus are the same in all three restaurants, too, but dress is casual.

Dress for Palo is the same every night. It's not really formal, but jackets are recommended, and it's a bit more dressy than the regular dining rooms, but not as dressy as the formal nights.

Hope this made sense.....

On semi-formal night and formal night, the recommended dress suggestion applies to all three main dining rooms and Palo. It doesn't matter where you're dining. (But another dinner option is Topsiders Casual Dining.)

Actually, unlike what some on this board would have you believe, Palo is not a formal attire restaurant (unless it's a semi-formal or formal night, or you want to dress formally). Palo is a dressy place without children, so you'll probably want to dress up -- but the suggested dress at Palo is simply "jacket recommended." A suit a tie is fine; a sportcoat over a polo shirt is fine too; and men aren't turned away if they choose not to wear a coat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter