Formal Night & Pirate Party

Tammy Sarault-Levy

Earning My Ears
Hi!

I'm going on a 7-days Western Caribbean cruise aboard the Disney Fantasy in September. This is my second Disney cruise but I can't remember much from the first one in terms of Formal night and the Pirate party since I spent most of my evenings ordering rooms service.

All I read about online is the Pirate night but I can't seem to find anything on a formal night. Has the pirate night replaced formal night? If not, is the formal night a "Captain Ball Extravaganza" type of evening similar to other cruise line?

If there are no formal night, should we pack formal attire for another purpose than Remy's?

May I add that I can't wait to sail again with DCL; it will be my groom-to-be first's cruise! :D

Thank you! :earsgirl:

I have been curious about this as well. Also, if there is still a formal night, is it also offered on shorter cruises, like the 5 night as well?

Pirate Night and Formal Night are separate. There is a Captain's Gala that will take place on formal night. Bring Pirate attire if you plan to dress up, a lot of adults and children do! Enjoy!

Congratulations on your pending wedding. On 7 night cruises there is a Formal Night, A semi Formal night, and Pirate night. (the exception right now is the added Star Wars Day at Sea Western Caribbean cruises). Remy's has its own dress code so be sure to read up on it. I usually dine in those restaurants on Formal nights so I don't have to pack more than one nice thing nor worry about getting it repressed or cleaned if I spill something.

@Shellbear for cruises under 5 nights, you will generally see an optional semi-formal night. But don't let that keep you from wearing your favorite fancy attire if you want to go all out. Cruises that are only 2-3 nights there are no formal or semiformal nights in the itinerary.

The formal night is the first night at sea (Sunday) Pirate night for our cruise was in Tortola (which was Tuesday) Semi formal was the Captains Gala (AKA Lobster night) on Thursday (third sea day)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter