• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Formal night on Magic from NY to Canada?

darsura

Earning My Ears
Will there be a formal night on the 5 night Magic from NY to Canada? Or a semi-formal? Also, what night would it be? The second and fifth days are sea days....is it usually one of those? Also, as a first time Disney cruiser, I have been concerned about getting a Palo reservation at 75 days out, but there was availability for both sea days for dinner, and not for port days. I thought it would be the opposite. I just booked the first available, and hope it is not my first night in AP (I believe the first night in AP has a show?). Anyway, I hope I did this right. Disney cruise newbie........

. . .Also, as a first time Disney cruiser, I have been concerned about getting a Palo reservation at 75 days out, but there was availability for both sea days for dinner, and not for port days. I thought it would be the opposite. I just booked the first available, and hope it is not my first night in AP (I believe the first night in AP has a show?). ......

Call DCL (1-800-951-3532) and request a dining rotation that does not have AP for that night. You can call directly and make this request even if you have a travel agent. Though DCL will tell you it's just a request, not a guarantee. The rotations are L, AP, PC, L, & AP; AP, PC, L, AP, & PC; or PC, L, AP, PC, & L.

The order of suggested dress for dinner is Cruise Casual, Semi-formal, Cruise Casual, Pirate Night, and Cruise Casual. I requested the "PC, L, AP, PC, & L" rotation so that I would have Lumiere's on Semi-formal night and Parrot Cay on Pirate Night.

Dress up night is often the first dinner "at sea." They wouldn'd do it on the last night because everybuddy is packing up to go home. Of course, any night in Palo is dressier than the main dining rooms.

Depending on the itinerary, the show in AP can be the 2nd time you're there, so if you're requesting a dinner rotation, I would avoid scheduling any night in AP the same night as Palo.

Call DCL (1-800-951-3532) and request a dining rotation that does not have AP for the first night. You can call directly and make this request even if you have a travel agent. Though DCL will tell you it's just a request, not a guarantee. The rotations are L, AP, PC, L, & AP; AP, PC, L, AP, & PC; or PC, L, AP, PC, & L.

The order of suggested dress for dinner is Cruise Casual, Semi-formal, Cruise Casual, Pirate Night, and Cruise Casual. If you requst the "PC, L, AP, PC, & L" rotation, then you would have Lumiere's on Semi-formal night and Parrot Cay on Pirate Night.

So, I booked Palo on the second day of my cruise (which was the first available to me for my party of 5), which is the first sea day. It sounds like this will also be semi-formal night, which would be good for Palo. And with this scenario, I would want either the second or third rotation you mentioned, so as not to miss the show in AP. Now as long as I am calling to make a request, which rotation, if at all, is preferable.....the second one which gives me 2 nights in AP (one of which is Pirate's night) or the third rotation which gives me 2 nights in PC (and I am in PC for Pirate's night)? Thanks for all the help!

Depending on the itinerary, the show in AP can be the 2nd time you're there, so if you're requesting a dinner rotation, I would avoid scheduling any night in AP the same night as Palo.

Thanks for this info...I will request a rotation that will not conflict with AP and hope that works. If not I will try to switch!

BTW, I was really was concerned that I would not get a Palo reservation for dinner online 75 days out, but there were several nights available. However, every tea and brunch was sold out!

So, I booked Palo on the second day of my cruise (which was the first available to me for my party of 5), which is the first sea day. It sounds like this will also be semi-formal night, which would be good for Palo. And with this scenario, I would want either the second or third rotation you mentioned, so as not to miss the show in AP. Now as long as I am calling to make a request, which rotation, if at all, is preferable.....the second one which gives me 2 nights in AP (one of which is Pirate's night) or the third rotation which gives me 2 nights in PC (and I am in PC for Pirate's night)? Thanks for all the help!

Both are good! I like the idea of being in Parrot Cay for Pirate Night and you get Lumiere's for the farewell menu, the last night of the cruise. And you don't need to be in AP for two nights, since they only do the show one night.

Will there be a formal night on the 5 night Magic from NY to Canada? Or a semi-formal? Also, what night would it be? The second and fifth days are sea days....is it usually one of those? Also, as a first time Disney cruiser, I have been concerned about getting a Palo reservation at 75 days out, but there was availability for both sea days for dinner, and not for port days. I thought it would be the opposite. I just booked the first available, and hope it is not my first night in AP (I believe the first night in AP has a show?). Anyway, I hope I did this right. Disney cruise newbie........

Someone on our Sept. cruised called DCL and this is the info they were given:

Night One - Casual
Night Two - Semi Formal
Night Three - Casual
Night Four - Pirate Night
Night Five - Casual

YOu can call DCL to see if your nights will be the same.

Thanks for this info...I will request a rotation that will not conflict with AP and hope that works. If not I will try to switch!

BTW, I was really was concerned that I would not get a Palo reservation for dinner online 75 days out, but there were several nights available. However, every tea and brunch was sold out!

Keep checking to see if brunch becomes available. Palo tea is being done away with this summer and depending on the date of your cruise it won't be offered.

Someone on our Sept. cruised called DCL and this is the info they were given:

Night One - Casual
Night Two - Semi Formal
Night Three - Casual
Night Four - Pirate Night
Night Five - Casual

YOu can call DCL to see if your nights will be the same.

jilljill - you beat me to it. That was me that posted for the September cruise. I requested dining rotation #3 with late dinner seating. We have still not booked a Palo brunch - we have not paid in full yet. We should be doing that next week and then we will see if we can get brunch. If not, I will try once we get on the ship.

Linda

jilljill - you beat me to it. That was me that posted for the September cruise. I requested dining rotation #3 with late dinner seating. We have still not booked a Palo brunch - we have not paid in full yet. We should be doing that next week and then we will see if we can get brunch. If not, I will try once we get on the ship.

Linda

Linda,

Since there were many of us on the June 10 cruise that were not able to get PALO Brunch so we requested the private room for our group of 13. We found out last week that our request was granted.

MM

Both are good! I like the idea of being in Parrot Cay for Pirate Night and you get Lumiere's for the farewell menu, the last night of the cruise. And you don't need to be in AP for two nights, since they only do the show one night.

Sounds good to me, but am now wondering about:1) Am I missing a special event or menu by dining in Palo the semiformal evening? And 2) Is the farewell menu a special menu? Thanks!

Just wondering ... for the 5 night NY Canada cruises ... does DCL still print the dining rotation "code" on the key cards so we have that information before we board the ship, instead of waiting until they open the staterooms to see the tickets?

Just wondering ... for the 5 night NY Canada cruises ... does DCL still print the dining rotation "code" on the key cards so we have that information before we board the ship, instead of waiting until they open the staterooms to see the tickets?

Yes the dining rotation was on our key cards on the June 17 cruises.

Sounds good to me, but am now wondering about:1) Am I missing a special event or menu by dining in Palo the semiformal evening? And 2) Is the farewell menu a special menu? Thanks!

The Navigator's are posted in DIS and the menus are listed for each night of the cruise.
Also, the Navigator does not list night 2 as semi-formal but rather as dress up night. I take dress up night to be less dressy than semi-formal.

You can find the posted Navigators by clicking on the Staterooms tab on the bar at the top DIS and then clicking on Navigators

I paid my 9/12 cruise off on June 13th, so I could book Palo Brunch and dinner right at 90 days and on the first sea day the only time available at that point was 12 or 12:30. I was surprised to see that so soon. The second sea day had plenty of time slots available.

Dinner times were also widely available. I booked pirate night for our Palo dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter