• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Formal Night - Military Dress Uniform?

llqool

DIS Veteran
Just wondering....do any men ever wear their dress uniforms instead of a tux on a formal night? My husband (active duty Army) has worn his dress blues to weddings, etc....didn't know if it would be appropriate in this instance. I think he is also planning on getting mess blues (which have a jacket that looks like a tuxedo jacket) before we cruise...

Absolutely, it's totally appropriate. There are usually one or two military uniforms on each cruise. He'll get a lot of attention!

Definitely! We had several on our cruise in 08 and it was great to be able to say hello and thank them.

Ive never seen any but.........................................................yes yes yes, please,please,please,please :thumbsup2

ps guard him with your life,,:lmao: only joking;)

When you consider the cost of the Dress Blues and the even higher cost of the Mess Blues, he should use every chance to wear them. Dress Blues would be completely appropriate for formal night.

We just had this discussion on our thread today. :) There are many men in our group that will be wearing their military uniforms on formal night. I'm so happy about that! It makes me proud. :thumbsup2 :)

Military staff earned the right to wear that dress uniform.

Not out of place at all.

Now a kilt......:scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

My husband wears his dress uni's every time he has to dress up. Because he refuses to buy a tie.:lmao:

I don't mind I LOVE them.

We are sailing on the Magic in a few weeks and my DH (Active Duty Navy) will be in his Service Dress Blues! We thought about whites but SDB is easier:)

Alyson

What about dress uni's on the 4 day Wonder? I know that is a little less formal, but I want to wear mine.

What about dress uni's on the 4 day Wonder? I know that is a little less formal, but I want to wear mine.

On the 4 night Wonder, one night will be "dress up optional." Some people will be dressed up, others not. Nothing wrong with your uniform if you choose to bring it. I hope your lady plans to dress up...and to keep you close. Dudes in uniforms are hot! (can you tell I have a teen daughter?)

I was wondering this too. My husband will Def be wearing his on the Carnival cruise we're going on next summer...but I wasn't sure if it would be appropriate for the "semi-formal/formal optional" night on the 4 night... And...if he does wear it...I'm not sure what I should wear. I don't think I want to stand out THAT much and wear a true formal gown...maybe a nice black dress?? He wore it to our wedding and of course to the Army Ball every year...so I've never worn anything other than super formal with him...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter