Forgot to pay balance today !!!!!!

I had a smilar problem.
We are going for the first time to WDW and this is also the first time that I booked with WDW directly.

When I booked I hade to make a 100 Pound deposit.

And then the system told me that the rest is due on 9th August and I assumed that they would charge my credit card again. But yesterday I received a reminder letter from WDW telling me that my payment is due.

This was completely new to me. I thought they would just charge my credit card again.

But now I know better and so I made the rest of the payment online. But this is very strange: Why do I have to make the rest of the payment by myself? Why do they not charge my credit card again like all other companies would do?

It could be to prevent credit card fraud there's a lot of it going on at the moment particularly in London and Birmingham , or so our CC company told us last month:confused3 They need to check any transactions that flag up as a possible fraud too.

I had a smilar problem.
We are going for the first time to WDW and this is also the first time that I booked with WDW directly.

When I booked I hade to make a 100 Pound deposit.

And then the system told me that the rest is due on 9th August and I assumed that they would charge my credit card again. But yesterday I received a reminder letter from WDW telling me that my payment is due.

This was completely new to me. I thought they would just charge my credit card again.

But now I know better and so I made the rest of the payment online. But this is very strange: Why do I have to make the rest of the payment by myself? Why do they not charge my credit card again like all other companies would do?

You have authorised them to take £100 deposit to secure the holiday. You have every right to cancel and just loose £100.

The company has no authorisation to debit your card for the remainder until you tell them to do so. Much safer this way as if they did and you had been thinking about cancelling then you would be fighting them for your money back. Also you may want to use a different card/payment method etc. :thumbsup2

You will be fine, We have been 4 days late once paying for a holiday!!
It was over Bank Hol weekend though

Glad you got it sorted
I did exactly the same last year. After over 12 months planning for some reason i just had the final payment date being a week later than what it was. I realised about 7pm that night and was in a total flap until the day after and managed to stop sobbing enough to give the holiday firm my bank details :rotfl:
Oh I can laugh now, but it wasn't so funny at the time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter