Forgot to order my Disney Visa rewards.....

vicb

DIS Veteran
I'm leaving in less than 2 weeks and the website says to allow 3 weeks to get the reward card in the mail.... I know I can go to Guest Relations at all 4 parks and pick up a card, then call and activate. I was wondering if anyone has done that and was it just that easy? I can't believe I forgot to do that! :headache:

Last trip (january) my husband forgot to order his (two separate accts) and we had to pick up one for him in the parks. It was pretty easy, just annoying since I'd reminded him a bunch of times! ;)

Also, I ordered mine less than three weeks out. I think I got it in a week. If you want to take the chance, you could always order it with the minimum $10 transfer and then if it arrives in time, just load the rest, and if not get a new card at disney and save that one for the next trip.

I would just get it there and then load it. We didn't get ours in the mail for almost 4 weeks. I wouldn't count on the card making it in time and those 10 dollars are 10 more for you to enjoy for this trip.

I have gotten one at Guest Services and it was very straight forward and painless. Just be sure to have your Disney Visa card as well because you will need numbers from that card to activate the rewards card.

I also liked the idea of ordering a card with the minimal amount on it and then reloading it if it comes before you leave. My rewards cards have always come quickly.

It was easy for me. I went to the international gateway ticket booth (was staying at Beach Club Villas) and it took a few minutes. Spent those point right away!!

It really is that quick and easy. The thing that took the most amount of time last trip was waiting in the line at guest services.

OK - I confess - I forgot to order mine, and we leave in a week & a half. :headache:

BUT - after reading these posts - I think I'll just stop at Guest Relations in one of the parks. Bumbershoot, you convinced me! It pays to procrastinate!!! :goodvibes

Didn't know you could get a card at ticket booths. We've always gotten them from Guest Services in DTD then called the 800 number to load it.

We also picked ours up at the DTD location. The only negative was using the phone -- things were so loud around us that we could hardly hear the instructions for activation.

We did this the last time we were there and it was relatively painless. We wanted to make sure that the rewards from the payment of our trip were there and didnt' want to order the card too late, so we just did it in the park. Easy as pie.

I have gotten my cards at guest relations at both MK and DTD. Easy and painless!

We got my daughter's card at the guest relations in DownTown and it was very easy and quick :yay:

Another vote for getting at DTD. We picked up the day before we were headed to the parks.

We also picked ours up at the DTD location. The only negative was using the phone -- things were so loud around us that we could hardly hear the instructions for activation.

Agree with this! Hearing the phone call was the worst part of the process. Good to know I can get one at the International Gateway; we usually stay at the YC.

I waited until I got MK last year to get my card. It took 10 minutes to wait in line and get the card. I waited until that night at the hotel to call the 800#to have them load the card. It wasn't difficult at all.

I took the advice offered by disprincessatheart and ordered my card with just the minimum $10 on it. So happy it arrived yesterday! So it only took a week and a half to get it in the mail without paying the expedited fee. :banana: We transferred the rest of our dollars on there and we are set to go Saturday! I think the card will take its first big hit at Cali Grill Sunday night ;)

Thanks everyone!

We got our Visa in late February (with the $200 gift card offer) and will have accumulated significant rewards with the final payment of this trip and various other purchases. We will get a rewards card when we upgrade our tickets to annual passes and purchase our TIW card on April 21st at Guest Relations in Epcot just prior to our Rose & Crown dinner and Illuminations (we dont get in until the early evening, darn time zones)!

With the $200 GC and the accumulated rewards we will have $300-400 in “free” money from Disney in a very short time. That makes my banker DW very, very happy!

The tips from this thread were wonderful. Thank you. Now we won’t stress over waiting to get the rewards card in the mail.
Mike :wizard: DW princess: DS (4) pirate: DMIL princess:

First visit 1976, last visit WDW 2/2010 BC CL and DL GC 12/2010, future WDW 4/2012 POLY TPV, 7/2012 (off site meeting), 4/2013 POLY with Disney Dream cruise!

I was wondering, already have a rewards card - when I arrive can I pay for hotel (room only) on visa and then go to room and call and have points from
(hotel room) and additional points I have accumulated just added to card ?
Thanks

I was wondering, already have a rewards card - when I arrive can I pay for hotel (room only) on visa and then go to room and call and have points from
(hotel room) and additional points I have accumulated just added to card ?
Thanks

No, because you don't actually earn the points until your statement cycle ends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter