Forgot the milk in the car, still good?

LeslieG

DIS Veteran
Oh, I can't believe it, but I just realized I forgot to bring the milk in from the car after being at the grocery store this morning. It's been unrefrigerated for six hours. Should I throw it out, or is it still good do you think?

I would probably throw it out. I know here it's well into the 90's but I don't know what your temp. is where you are but vehicles get so hot I wouldn't want to take the chance.

I also would throw it out. $4 isn't worth my family getting sick so I wouldn't take any chances.

Well, it's probably in the 70s in my garage today. But I suppose the old saying is best, when in doubt, throw it out.

Anything that should be refrigerated that is left out for 4+ hours should be TOSSED. One of the big things that was impressed upon us in culinary school.

Kimya

wow it must be pretty cool where you live I did that once and when I got in the car I almost threw up, my back seat was covered in white chunks to this day there are still white specks on my ceiling that just wouldn't come off.

I don't understand why they put expiration dates on milk... I still got half a jug from a gallon I picked up in 2003, and I am sure its still perfectly good......

I don't understand why they put expiration dates on milk... I still got half a jug from a gallon I picked up in 2003, and I am sure its still perfectly good......
Can you carve me a slice? ;)

I'd throw it out. Don't feel too bad though, I've done it also. The worst is when a half-gallon of icecream escapes the bag and sits in your trunk overnight.

did I read it right ??? is it frozen ??? how did it last :faint: :lmao:

I bought those stupid Dip-N-Dots from Walmart and was worried they wouldn't keep their shape until I got home. I got home and went to bed!
Next morning they were still cold so I put them in the freezer. NO, they did not keep their shape!

yeah, last summer I left a milkshake in the cup holder of the car. Well, we packed up our SUV that night and took off for a few days. Yeah, we came back and I opened the door to the car and the smell knocked me over like you wouldn't believe! AND to top it off, I was 8-9 months pregnant...talk about throwing up! EWWWWWW!! It makes me gag just thinking about it!

But, back to the original post: yeah, toss it! Well, unless you want cottage cheese. LOL....ewwwwwwwwwwwww

yeah, last summer I left a milkshake in the cup holder of the car. Well, we packed up our SUV that night and took off for a few days. Yeah, we came back and I opened the door to the car and the smell knocked me over like you wouldn't believe!

IKWYM...my DH used my car one day last week and he must have gone to McD's for one and left the "empty" container in my car...

I could kill him....

How did you get white chunks all over the car? Did it explode?

Yes it did, I had to take the boys to work with me because my cashier called in so I ran to the store and got a few things for them to eat for breakfast and lunch and when I got to the store there was a customer waiting for me so I hurried to get in the store and we all carried a sack in (somehow managing to leave the milk) well 10hrs later in the TEXAS heat in the middle of summer my milk Exploded. Needless to say I had to call my mom to come pick the boys up because it was :sick:.

Oh, I can't believe it, but I just realized I forgot to bring the milk in from the car after being at the grocery store this morning. It's been unrefrigerated for six hours. Should I throw it out, or is it still good do you think?

Oh, please--throw it out if you haven't already!

No one is that hard up for $4 to risk drinking spoiled milk. A bottle of Inmodium would cost more than $4 if you got sick on it!

Last Sunday we went out to eat for Father's Day. I had fish, it must have been bad, I've had stomach problems off and on all this week and still feel lousey. I've spent way more than $4 on Inmodium, not to mention the loss of time I could have spent with my kids instead of staying near "facilities".

I'm still feeling crappy now as I write this, please don't invite it on yourself. To think we paid $80+ for that meal, and I got sick on it!

In the heat of the summer I use styrofoam coolers to bring my groceries home in. Even in an air-conditioned van I don't trust them getting too warm, especially when I go to Sam's, which is 10 miles away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter