Forgive the probably stupid question but

BriarRose129

Mouseketeer
I'm new to Disney and was really curios about this free dining and room discount stuff. Since its select dates, what happens if the discount starts 1 or 2 days after you ate booked to arrive? Do you lose out on that promotion? Or would you have to book a room for 1/2 days then re check into a new reservation and get the promotion for the remainder of the stay that way. Thanks.

Your stay must start within the promotion but could end outside it and you would still get discount, hope that helps!

I'm new to Disney and was really curios about this free dining and room discount stuff. Since its select dates, what happens if the discount starts 1 or 2 days after you ate booked to arrive? Do you lose out on that promotion? Or would you have to book a room for 1/2 days then re check into a new reservation and get the promotion for the remainder of the stay that way. Thanks.

You must check in during the promotion dates to get the offer. You could do what you are suggesting if it works for you.

Ok thank you so much!!! I'm not going until nov/dec so nothing has been released yet for then. But when it does I want to make sure I know what to do :)

Ok thank you so much!!! I'm not going until nov/dec so nothing has been released yet for then. But when it does I want to make sure I know what to do :)

The October - December free dining dates are not usually released until July, sometimes August.

Ok thanks!!! We are already booked with the whole package. When it comes out we can just call and have them add the discount right?

Yes, but they must have availability. Some room categories and villas may be excluded. It always best to have a back up room category or resort when applying a FD discount to an existing reservation. But even if you switched resort or rooms or even dates you do not have to cancel or rebook and your reservation number stays the same.

Yes, but they must have availability. Some room categories and villas may be excluded. It always best to have a back up room category or resort when applying a FD discount to an existing reservation. But even if you switched resort or rooms or even dates you do not have to cancel or rebook and your reservation number stays the same.

Ohhhh ok. So if I'm understanding you correctly, I may have to switch resorts or even move my dates to get the promotion. But they can do all that with my current reservations and if just have to pay/get credited for any changes to price from doing this?

Ohhhh ok. So if I'm understanding you correctly, I may have to switch resorts or even move my dates to get the promotion. But they can do all that with my current reservations and if just have to pay/get credited for any changes to price from doing this?

Depending on your resort, you most likely won't have to change, but its always best to have a back up room category or resort when you call. Disney reservations can make all modifications without canceling or rebooking and will credit you the difference.

Depending on your resort, you most likely won't have to change, but its always best to have a back up room category or resort when you call. Disney reservations can make all modifications without canceling or rebooking and will credit you the difference.

Ohh I see. Thank you!!! One more question.. If they do free dining, are you able to upgrade the plan offered? Meaning if they offer the quick plan can I pay the difference to get the regular. Or if they do free regular can I pay the difference to upgrade to deluxe dining. Etc?

Ohh I see. Thank you!!! One more question.. If they do free dining, are you able to upgrade the plan offered? Meaning if they offer the quick plan can I pay the difference to get the regular. Or if they do free regular can I pay the difference to upgrade to deluxe dining. Etc?

Yes, you can pay the difference to upgrade the plans - Disney never turns down your money :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter