Forgive my ignorance - what is the Photopass?

disneymom2twins

As my nephew says...."Chip and Dip"
Sorry if this is a beaten down subject - what is the Photopass? Do we automatically get it then pay for the pics, do we pay for a service?

I just read a thread about the MNSSHP about some kind of voucher for a pic and I also have the Visa card and there is a free pic at Epcot that is a voucher too.

Can someone help me? :worship:

Photopass is a little card that you get and every time you get your picture taken by the Disney Photographers they'll scan the card, and link thoes photos to your card. Then you only have to worry about keeping up with that 1 card for the whole trip. Oh, and yes you can get multiple cards. Any way, what you can do later is you can either go online and logon using a code that's on that card and purchase the photos at a later time, you can also share the photos with friends and family. It's a really great thing, the only thing I wish that they would do is add the Ride photos to the Photopass.

If this dosen't answer all your questions about photopass, don't be shy about asking more. I'm sure many here will be glad to answer.

disneymom2twins said:
Sorry if this is a beaten down subject - what is the Photopass? Do we automatically get it then pay for the pics, do we pay for a service?

I just read a thread about the MNSSHP about some kind of voucher for a pic and I also have the Visa card and there is a free pic at Epcot that is a voucher too.

Can someone help me? :worship:

Photopass card is free. You will get one from the first Disney photographer you come across and then you can use the same one the whole trip, unless, of course, you forget it in your room, then you can just get another one.

Then you can buy the photos from the comfort of your home rather than how it used to be; before you left the park for the day.

There is a rumor that there will be a 50% discount on ONE Photopass photo taken at MNSSHP but no one knows for sure yet.

Yes, there is ONE free photo for Disney Visa members. It's at Epcot's Innovation West. It's a character meet and greet held daily from 1:30p to 4:30p and the photos will also be put on your Photopass card and they will give you a voucher for ONE free photo that you must pick up before you leave Epcot for the day.

Any more questions? :wave2:

They are free and you can usually find one as soon as you enter any of the parks. Just walk up to any photographer and they will take your picture and then hand you the card.

We had 2 cards on our last trip because my girls would go off on their own and they wanted to be able to get pictures while they were separated from us. It worked out great. We got some great family pictures and also I got a few cute pictures of the girls that I wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

Don't be shy, we stopped at almost every photographr and got pictures taken, it was fun!!

Did I miss out or are they still offering the "disc"? I think someone said you pay like $100 and get ALL your pictures on a disc? Was I dreaming or is this available? :confused3

disneyfreak74 said:
Did I miss out or are they still offering the "disc"? I think someone said you pay like $100 and get ALL your pictures on a disc? Was I dreaming or is this available? :confused3

yes, they still offer the option of putting all your Photopass photos onto a CD for $99.

They no longer will let you do any kind of enhancements, though, when you put your photos on the CD.

You can get the CD at 3 or 4 locations at WDW or you can even buy it from home now!

I don't think it's worth it for my family unless we have at least 10 really good, different photos that we really want to buy.

Last trip we had 58 photos but most of them were duplicate/triplicates that we already had on our regluar camera anyway, so we just bought 3 photos last trip.

I love you guys!! Thanks so much for all of the helpful info. It is amazing - I have been to Disney so many times, but every time I feel like it is my first!! I guess that can be a good thing, but not with planning ;)

if we want to, can we still buy the photos while there or do we have to take the card home to purchase from home?

motofox4 said:
if we want to, can we still buy the photos while there or do we have to take the card home to purchase from home?

Yes, you can still buy them before you leave if you want to.

I prefer waiting till I'm home so I can see what I took with my own camera and then decide which ones to buy from Disney.

That way I'm also not buying on impluse!

yeah, that is true - impulse buying is not good and i'm sure tends to happen a lot in wdw. i'm sure i'll be doing LOTS of that - something about the 'magic' there gets to you and takes over and you just end up buying things you really don't need and have no idea what you'll do with once you get home! maybe we will be better off waiting until we get home to order any pictures. otherwise we may end up with ones we really don't want! :teeth:

I'll have to remember this. I'm taking a solo trip next month, and this sounds like a great way to get my picture taken. I've never used photopass before. Can I send the pictures they take or post them here without buying the pictures? Or do you have to buy the pictures before you can post them? This sounds like a great way I could show my DH pictures of my trip-pictures that actually have me in them!

Simba's Mom said:
I'll have to remember this. I'm taking a solo trip next month, and this sounds like a great way to get my picture taken. I've never used photopass before. Can I send the pictures they take or post them here without buying the pictures? Or do you have to buy the pictures before you can post them? This sounds like a great way I could show my DH pictures of my trip-pictures that actually have me in them!

You can share them with others without buying them but you will not be able to print them. If you want them, you must buy them.

Also, they are only available online for a month. Sometimes they will extend the time but not by much.

I am excited about doing the Photopass. I am glad all 3 of us will be able to be in a lot of the photos! DH is not very good at taking photos, so it's my responsibility most of the time. We're hoping to get some good ones to use for Christmas cards! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter