Forget what you got...what did you give?

disny4fun

Mouseketeer
I just read a post asking about all the Freebies that people got and loved every reply. It brought back so many wonderful moments about wonderful CM's and guests. That made me wonder, what did you give to/do for a CM or a guest to spread the magic?

Out last trip in 2009, a little girl struck up a conversation with my DD17 about her pin collection while we were on the monorail. When we departed my DD gave this little girl one of her lanyards with a pin attached to start her off. It was a priceless moment to me, because my daughter's pin collection means so much to her...so much she shared with with someone else.

I would love some ideas to spread the magic to the CM's who work so hard to make our trip so special.

We were at DHS in December. We had FP's for TSM and the window had just opened. It was around 7 PM. We were tired and back and forth on whether to do it. We decided it would be a lot more fun to shock someone late in the day with TSM FP's they could use right away. I let my daughter pick someone with a small child.

WAY better than actually riding! We ended our day with a huge smile. :goodvibes

I've never been, so can't say. But I felt I had to add that this thread, and the other, have both really made my day :) I've been stuck indoors waiting for deliveries and bored - bt you guys have really made me smile.
Pay it forward magic is one of the best there is - it's real and we can all achieve it.
I can't wait to go!

Love this thread too. Let me say that I am the OP of said other thread (and I meant no harm by it, just sharing of pixie dust stories. Freebies or moments, I just love to read about other people's happy experiences)

We always do the typical- giving extra FP's when leaving a park, hand made thank you's to CM's who do a great job, extra glow sticks ect.

My DS4 made a lady's night on our last trip. We were on our way home from MNSSHP on a very quiet bus, when he turned around to the lady sitting behind us and said; "You are very pretty. I am going to have a party and you can come. I will call it my 'pretty girl' party" She blushed, but thought it was very sweet. She did recognize him when we saw her a few days later and asked how his party plans were comming:laughing:

We had so many TS credits when we were leaving that we actually bought lunch for an entire family.. That put a smile on their faces, great way to start a trip off..

Our son was only 2 at the time, and although it wasn't the best time for us to go, our nephew (7) and niece(5) were going for the first time. We are very close with them and just couldn't miss it.. (I know this is a get and not a give) but the first night we arrived for the Pirate Party and we were walking in town square as the parade was coming down the street and my niece looks up and see's Cinderella and exclaims " It's a miracle, it's really cinderella" It was the first few moments of the trip and it made the trip!

We gave away:

- 4 TSM fastpasses (had 4 sets and the kids only wanted to ride 3 times)
- 4 ToT fastpasses (had no intention of going on this!)
- 4 Soarin' fastpasses (did not get a chance to ride this with the kids)
- DS6 gave away a many many Mickey Mouse stickers

of course the usual fastpasses to other guests. Why let them go to waste if we can't use them?

On a trip to DL last year, it was just the girls- my mom, cousin and my two sisters, celebrating my birthday. We had dinner at Blue Bayou and my silly sister ordered the kids cup drink that comes with the light up tinkerbell clipped on the side. They offer the light up buzz for the boys. My mom ordered one too, since they both thought the light up tinks were so cute. They both ended up clipping it on their lanyards. We rode Pooh later that night and a family in front of us commented on them and asked where we got them. Their daughter was in awe. She was probably 5. She thought it was so cool. My mom quickly takes it off her lanyard and gives it to the little girl- and off they go on their ride---they were next up to board, so she handed it to her quickly and they were off. The little girl's face lit up and she couldn't believe someone was giving that to her. It was so sweet.

Sure it was a little $6-7 cup toy, but it made that girls night. It's the little things.

On our latest trip, late last year, I was chatting with a CM who was in the College Program, and noticed that she was from The Ohio State University. I happened to have a Mickey Buckeye pin on my lanyard, and took it off and gave it to her - not pin trading, I just wanted her to personally have this pin as a rememberance of her time there. She loved it!

Fast forward to this February, when my DD21 applied for and was accepted into the College Program for Fall 2011! I like to think that spreading the pixie dust to another OSU CP participant helped! And she's eager to get to WDW to help spread the magic!

KCpirate:

I have done the same thing with FP before. We have given away Soarin and FP to rides in FantasyLand. It was great to see the reaction. We have also been the recipient of FPs before, so it is nice to see it all come full circle

DH makes earrings to give to brides (with the groom's permission ;) ) and also to cast members. (He makes Mickey and Tink ones)

Also have given away many pins to kids.

One morning we boarded the bus very early to make it to rope drop. It was the first day or the first park we were touring for our trip. Well you know how everyone was sleepy and quiet, of course we had to break that, we are morning people and almost always start off pretty chipper. My DD and I started signing the Mickey Mouse song, then proceed to other disney songs. Everyone on the bus sang along. When we arrived at MK everyone got off the bus with the biggest smile...even the CM thanked us for starting her day in a magical way.

It was funny because for days when we passed people who where on that bus that morning everyone stopped, thanked us and told us what a great memory we made for them.

On our last trip, my DM made autograph books for myself and for her, and then she made about 7 or 8 more. They were really simple, with just some stickers on the front with cardstock for the characters to sign, and some cute ribbons on the rings holding it together. Whenever we would see cute little kids that were well-behaved, we would give them one of the autograph books. It was so cute to watch their little faces light up and be so excited about the book. One little girl was so precious, she started flipping through the empty pages going "I'm gonna have Minnie sign this page and Cinderella will sign this one." SO SO cute!

We gave away our unused fastpasses for Soarin', Tower of Terror, and Big Thunder Mountain. It was funny, I stood in front of Soarin' at 4pm in the afternoon and literally had to 'work' to give them away. Nobody wanted them, I felt like I was in some alternate universe. LOL

I gave a woman back her lost toddler! :thumbsup2 Grandpa was in charge and I guess he got away from him.

Even though it is not much, I always say "thank you for..." . Even to the people that sweep, empty trash, and clean up the bathrooms. I appreciate a clean potty and soap to wash my hands. I try to express that to every CM I come in contact with.

exwdwcm- on a different note, I love your potty thread! I have a page of pics on facebook called "Bathrooms Around the World"- it's pics of every bathroom I visit in Disney- and a few from Vegas thrown in- my friends think I'm a bit weird!

On our last day last year we handed over our balloons to a family that was checking in and gave a 6 pack of water to a gentleman on the elevator.

Then we went down to have lunch which was a counter service and realized that we somehow had 4 extra meals on our accounts. Apparently someone didn't swipe them correctly at some point earlier in the week, so I looked at the folks behind us and asked if they were on the dining plan. They weren't so I took care of their lunch for them.

On our trip in 2008 we were given Dream Fastpasses when we got off of SE in Epcot. :yay: My children were very young then and the only ride on there that we wanted to ride was Soarin'. That left TT, MS and I think one other ride. Anyway, on our way out we gave the Dream Fastpasses to a family that was just arriving. Luckily, there was 1 fewer person in their party, so we kept one as a souvinier.:)

You are right around the corner from me! We're neighbors!

Except, I'm FSU and my DH is Florida. But, since you love Disney, that makes you okay in my book!

We give away fastpasses...if we can there are a few that are still in DH's wallet. LOL

But we also make it a point to stop into Guest Services several times on our trip to make sure to fill out the proper forms for above and beyond CMs. We of course thank them when we can, but we stop by and let the "important" people know too. We've also been known to stop those "important" people on the street or in the stores and let them know about the amazing CM we just met. Stopping in Guest Services shocks those CMs behind the counter, they aren't used to helping the happy guests, and we've actually seen some of the important people change their entire attitude when we walk away and see them writing info down. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter