Forget Eagle Pines Lets Have A Rail Dvc!

I would have to agree that if there is going to be a DVC near the MK, then the Contemporary is probably the MK resort with the most space able to be freed up for the project.

Have you seen the location of Pop Century?

Pop Century is exactly where Disney wanted it for its intended guests....the many people who come to the sporting events at WWofS. The location is just minutes from the Sports area. They are trying to capture the kids and their entourages who might now stay offsite.

I loved the plans for Eagle Pines and I'm hoping it isn't "dead". So far, Saratoga Springs isn't floating my boat. It's too close to OKW and just doesn't have anything that's grabbing my attention. Of course, I could change my mind once I try it. ;)

A MK/monorail DVC would be terrific. I just don't know whether they've got the land to do it. There always seems to be rumors about problems with the undeveloped areas in that section such as being inland wetland and/or unsuitable for building.

The Venetian was supposed to be an all concierge hotel located on the monorail line between the Polynesian and the Contemporary. I seem to remember reading that it had something to do with the land there that made it to costly to build, but I don't remember all the details right now.

Pop Century is exactly where Disney wanted it for its intended guests....the many people who come to the sporting events at WWofS. The location is just minutes from the Sports area. They are trying to capture the kids and their entourages who might now stay offsite.
Boy, that's a great point, I hadn't thought of that. There are many large groups that come to Disney, my wife actually came with her marching band to be in a parade there. But of course, they stayed off site due to the expense. It would have been a much nicer experience for them if they were on site. Pop Century could capture those kinds of excursions.

Count me in a minority, but I not only think that Eagle Pines will be built, but that it will be an immense success. With the aging of the population, the continued growth of interest in golf, and the need to further diversify Disney's portfolio (IMHO), Eagle Pines should be a winner. I will also speculate that it will become the linchpin of a new type of Disney timeshare that is aimed at a different market.

I personally doubt if EP will happen but if it does, it will not happen as announce AND end in 2042. There's no reasonable way they can develop that resort and sell it out with sales extending out to under 30 years remaining on the RTU. If they started next year and opened in 2005 or 2006 with the 600 units, it would likely take some 8-10 years to sell it out giving only about 25 years remaining to 2042. So take it to the bank that EP will not happen with the size and scope announced AND end in 2042. My guess is also that SS is a substitute which will be better in some ways and worse in others compared to the EP concept.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter