Forecast - thunderstorms next 10 days

Jadyreen, we are leaving from St. Louis, Friday night, we're not too awfully far from you!! Honestly, I am so worried the Electrical Parade will be canceled.

I hadn't considered that but Friday is a MNSSHP night so those trick or treaters may get a bit wet and there won't be a regular MSEP. It's a possibility it may rain all day Saturday too which is our MK night since they are open till 1 am.

I am going to turn my worry off till Wednesday. We will know more then. The key is getting to Orlando Friday. The rest of our stay should be fine.

It's supposed to pour rain non stop almost the entire week starting sometime tomorrow night or Monday through next Sunday when we leave. I'll do the Parks in rain, but can't do it in torrential down pours.

Unfortunately it's going to be a huge waste of money. Can't even swim in the pool at our rental home.
Rain non stop? No, it wont..I live here it never rains non stop where did you hear this?

We are headed to Disney on Friday, what is everyone's take on the storms there this week? We are from the Midwest, so not sure what to expect. Stressing out on whether to cancel, or not.

I think anyone arriving Friday will be fine in terms of flights. We fly in Thursday evening, and I think that might be 'prime time' for this thing. We are not cancelling...been saving and planning for two years...but I am very concerned about being able to actually get there.

I think anyone arriving Friday will be fine in terms of flights. We fly in Thursday evening, and I think that might be 'prime time' for this thing. We are not cancelling...been saving and planning for two years...but I am very concerned about being able to actually get there.

And I was worried about my Saturday night flight, but turns out there was no need.

Keep an eye on your airline's website. if something is happening, they will put notices up and let you change flights. So be packed and ready, should something change.

But seriously, there were posts just like this a week ago.

But seriously, there were posts just like this a week ago.

I did not read those nor was I paying attention to the weather a week ago so thank you for sharing that! It will help me sleep a bit better tonight! So excited no matter what :)

I wish i would've waited to buy my MNSSHP tickets......:( we're going friday....
lesson learned!!!!!!:)

ETA: Who am I kidding??? We wouldn't miss MNSSHP for the world! My kids would be heartbroken!!!!!!!!;-)

Last edited:
I'm not worried about rain or weather...I love the rain and so do my girls :) But the flights are another thing. My dad is flying there to meet us and he is really looking forward to coming, so I hope it doesn't cause any issue with the flight schedule. He is flying in mid day on Saturday.

We're flying in Friday morning and have tickets to MNSSHP Friday night. I'm not too concerned about the rain. I expect it this time of year at some point. I've got my poncho and waterproof shoes! I am a little concerned about our flight, but as long as we get there safely and can make it to the party I'll be happy!!

We're flying in Friday morning and have tickets to MNSSHP Friday night. I'm not too concerned about the rain. I expect it this time of year at some point. I've got my poncho and waterproof shoes! I am a little concerned about our flight, but as long as we get there safely and can make it to the party I'll be happy!!

If there are sustainable winds above 40 planes won't land in Orlando. We are considering this. Unhappily since the storm is stalled right now.

We are flying out of Jacksonville on Saturday at 7:00pm. Will the planes take off if there is a tropical storm in the area? Should we rent a car and start driving back to NJ?:confused:

I'm not worried about rain or weather...I love the rain and so do my girls :) But the flights are another thing. My dad is flying there to meet us and he is really looking forward to coming, so I hope it doesn't cause any issue with the flight schedule. He is flying in mid day on Saturday.

He needs to keep an eye on his airline's website. They will give info on if changes can be made because of storms.

We are flying out of Jacksonville on Saturday at 7:00pm. Will the planes take off if there is a tropical storm in the area? Should we rent a car and start driving back to NJ?:confused:

Keep an eye on the airline and airport websites. They will give info if it's needed.

No harm in making a reservation now, though. Make sure it's not a prepaid can't-be-cancelled reservation. But if a storm is coming the prices will go higher, so make the reservation now just in case.

For travel it's about being ready and prepared. If you need to leave home early, make those arrangements. If you might drive home, get that in place. Etc. that way you're prepared and can stop worrying because you've got it as covered as it can be.

We are driving down from NC later this week. The original plan (still tentatively in place) is to drive to Savannah, arriving sometime around 11pm. Get up Friday morning and drive to check in at POFQ before MNSSHP that night.

I am utterly unconcerned about the thunderstorms and showers in the forecast for Friday night-Sunday. That's why the good Lord made ponchos. The storms will only clear out the crowds. I suppose there is some chance that certain parades or fireworks could get cancelled but I think we will adjust. What DOES concern me is that we and TD9 are apparently racing to Savannah Thursday night. I think we will constantly check the weather and adjust however we have to Thursday night. I really wish we could hit the road earlier, but we can't leave NC before 6pm on Thursday.

From all the recent reports I have seen, the storm will move out quickly after it makes landfall and won't be a tremendous issue by Saturday. Of course, lots could change between now and when it actually decides to get it's act together and come ashore.

If there are sustainable winds above 40 planes won't land in Orlando. We are considering this. Unhappily since the storm is stalled right now.

We are trying to figure out what to do also. Plane is to land at about 7pm Thursday. I know it is still too far out to know much but man, I am getting gray quick over this thing!

Rain non stop? No, it wont..I live here it never rains non stop where did you hear this?

While I think the OP got some bad info, and I don't believe that this is going to happen.....

Back in, May, I believe, a few years back there WAS a storm like that in the Orlando area. People were absolutely miserable. It did rain all day and not just for one day. So it *can* happen. It's just not likely.

[QUOTE="wendow, post: 56374679, member: 417039"
We are trying to figure out what to do also. Plane is to land at about 7pm Thursday. I know it is still too far out to know much but man, I am getting gray quick over this thing![/QUOTE]

We are in the same situation. Scheduled to land Thursday evening at 7:15. I'm flying with DH who already is anxious about flying even under the best of circumstances and DS 4 who is flying for the first time! It couldn't be worse timing, don't know what to hope for. I don't want the storm to slow down either as that could potentially mean worse weather for the remainder of our trip, but I guess I should just focus on getting there safely first.

We are in the same situation. Scheduled to land Thursday evening at 7:15. I'm flying with DH who already is anxious about flying even under the best of circumstances and DS 4 who is flying for the first time! It couldn't be worse timing, don't know what to hope for. I don't want the storm to slow down either as that could potentially mean worse weather for the remainder of our trip, but I guess I should just focus on getting there safely first.

Yeah, pretty much worse timing for this storm :-( I don't know what to expect either. We are traveling with our four kids so I'm worried about if our flight does get cancelled, how will they find room for all the people who need to get out on future flights (every flight we take from CO to MCO is packed full)?? Will we be split up? Spending the night at the airport? How many WDW days will we lose? But yes, definitely, first priority is just to be able to get there safely!!

Yeah, pretty much worse timing for this storm :-( I don't know what to expect either. We are traveling with our four kids so I'm worried about if our flight does get cancelled, how will they find room for all the people who need to get out on future flights (every flight we take from CO to MCO is packed full)?? Will we be split up? Spending the night at the airport? How many WDW days will we lose? But yes, definitely, first priority is just to be able to get there safely!!

We are also flying from CO (DIA) and are expected to land at 8:30 Thursday night. My husband is already freaking out- wants us to be prepared to leave at a moments notice if there is a weather alert issued. We are also a family of 6- I am not sure how we will all be together for a different flight. It is very stressful!

(I don't know why my ticker says 4 days- it has always been off a day, our flight is Thursday!)

We are driving UP from South Florida on Friday afternoon for Labor Day weekend. I'm watching the weather and wondering if we should cancel. Of course, if everyone cancels, and locals stay home, that would be a great time to be there!

Down here in South Florida, we have been dealing with and watching this storm for over a week! At one time they thought it was coming right here (we are in Boca Raton, between West Palm Beach and Fort Lauderdale), and it didn't come in our direction at all. We are supposed to get the outer rain bands for the next few days and that is exactly how it is today. Periods of rain mixed with periods of sun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter