Ford Fiesta or Focus problems?

Myothername

DIS Veteran
Anyone have problems with their transmissions? I have a 2013 Fiesta and I love it. But in the last few months it has developed a problem with the transmission. For those unfamiliar the Fiestas and Focuses were equipped with a new kind of transmission that is similar to a manual but it is automatic. I can't explain it any more than that. Well apparently there are some problems and there is a TSB out about it. Mine was acting like it was jumping gears. Similar to if you have ever driven a standard and put it in too high a gear by accident. I have researched it on the internet and there is not much out there I guess because the Fiesta is so new and the problem is so new.

I am curious if anyone else has had this problem and what the dealer did for you? My dealer has been great so far. They did the first step about a month or so ago which was resetting a computer. That didn't work. Now they have to pull the transmission and replace a seal. I am thinking they need to replace the transmission. We have a Lemon Law and I hate to go that route but will if I have to.

Anyone have problems with their transmissions? I have a 2013 Fiesta and I love it. But in the last few months it has developed a problem with the transmission. For those unfamiliar the Fiestas and Focuses were equipped with a new kind of transmission that is similar to a manual but it is automatic. I can't explain it any more than that. Well apparently there are some problems and there is a TSB out about it. Mine was acting like it was jumping gears. Similar to if you have ever driven a standard and put it in too high a gear by accident. I have researched it on the internet and there is not much out there I guess because the Fiesta is so new and the problem is so new.

I am curious if anyone else has had this problem and what the dealer did for you? My dealer has been great so far. They did the first step about a month or so ago which was resetting a computer. That didn't work. Now they have to pull the transmission and replace a seal. I am thinking they need to replace the transmission. We have a Lemon Law and I hate to go that route but will if I have to.

I am sorry to hear this! My hubby bought a Fiesta when they first rolled out here in the States in 2011 but he traded it in this spring for a Prius. He never had any issues while he had it and we loved driving it. I hope they can figure out what is wrong and everything works out!

The fix for this is exactly what the dealer is doing; pulling the transmission and replacing the seal. They will also clean up or replace the clutch mechanism. The transmission doesn't need replaced.

The fix for this is exactly what the dealer is doing; pulling the transmission and replacing the seal. They will also clean up or replace the clutch mechanism. The transmission doesn't need replaced.

This. Allegedly, they have a better seal for 2014, but too soon to tell if that is true.

My husband has a 2012 Focus and that is exactly what they did to his car about 4-6 weeks ago. We took it in for the normal oil change and that's when the issues with the seal leaking/clutch replacement were found. For us, it was covered under warranty and its been running just fine since. Not sure if its normal for this repair or the Ford dealership we took it too is slow but they had the car for like 3 or 4 days.

We have the same issue with our Focus. They are replacing our clutch. Unfortunately the part is on back order and they told us it would be 4-6 weeks.

:confused3

I have a 2012 Focus and had the same issue, they replaced the seal then had to replace the clutch....

Thanks for the posts. I feel a little better. Dealership said it would be after the first of the year before they could do it because 1) no loaner car to give me and 2) parts are hard to find.

I love my car and I hope this fixes it. I am just worried about what will happen 5 years down the road when it is no longer under warranty.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter