Forbidden Journey restraints still a no-go for my father?

ladybugx

Mouseketeer
I'm not sure if my father is coming with us when we go back to the parks in May. The last time he tried to ride Forbidden Journey was in 2010 around when the park first opened, and he couldn't fit. I told him they have since modified the seats, so he should come with us if he still wants to ride. At first, I read a lot of accounts of people who were quite plus-sized being able to ride. However, now I'm reading that a lot of people are still unable to fit. I'm hesitant to post a picture, but he's pretty big around; he's 5'4" and around 300 lbs. Is it safe to say I should go ahead and retract my statement about him being able to ride this time?

Im 5-5 and weigh less then he does and I don't fit. It is the hip/thigh area that prohibits it.

Im 5-5 and weigh less then he does and I don't fit. It is the hip/thigh area that prohibits it.

Do you not fit in the seat, or do you mean you are unable to sufficiently lower the restraint? He was able to sit in the seat in 2010; the problem was that the restraint wouldn't lower enough.

I'm heavier than your father but also significant taller. I'm 6'4" and about 320 and I just fit. But, my height is a bit of a disadvantage. I figured this out on my 3rd ride I need to sit down, pull the restraint down, then shimmy down a little bit in the seat. Because my chest is the worst part. I'll post a couple of pictures so you can judge.

In general, this is the minimum the restraint needs to come down. The outside of the car is a little easier to fit in than the inside. On the test seat, a green light means any seat, yellow means outside seat, red means no go.

I'm heavier than your father but also significant taller. I'm 6'4" and about 320 and I just fit. But, my height is a bit of a disadvantage. I figured this out on my 3rd ride I need to sit down, pull the restraint down, then shimmy down a little bit in the seat. Because my chest is the worst part. I'll post a couple of pictures so you can judge.

In general, this is the minimum the restraint needs to come down. The outside of the car is a little easier to fit in than the inside. On the test seat, a green light means any seat, yellow means outside seat, red means no go.
Thank you for sharing your experience and pictures! I think it's a very obvious no-go for him as much as I'd like to tell myself there's hope it's not. lol. Ah well!

I would tell him that there is a possibility that he won't fit and leave it at that. There have been so many reports of people thinking they wouldn't fit and having them fit and then other reports of people expecting to fit ad not fitting, that we really can't guess anymore.

True, it does seem kinda unpredictable except in the most extreme of cases. Thanks for the input, all. I'll let him know there's a real possibility but not a guarantee that he won't fit and then let him decide whether he wants to come from there.

Another question-- where exactly does the ride snap your photo? I want to try to get a group photo looking scared at the dragon next time but wasn't able to figure out where precisely the photo is taken.

True, it does seem kinda unpredictable except in the most extreme of cases. Thanks for the input, all. I'll let him know there's a real possibility but not a guarantee that he won't fit and then let him decide whether he wants to come from there. Another question-- where exactly does the ride snap your photo? I want to try to get a group photo looking scared at the dragon next time but wasn't able to figure out where precisely the photo is taken.
In the spider room. Took me three tries to get one with my eyes open....yuck!!!!

Do you not fit in the seat, or do you mean you are unable to sufficiently lower the restraint? He was able to sit in the seat in 2010; the problem was that the restraint wouldn't lower enough.
Restraint wouldn't close. This was on the tester outside but I didn't want to be embarrassed so I didn't try it inside.

Find the biggest employee to help... I had a rather small female try and help and told me it was a no go. I found a tall, strong young man to push it down and I had no problem. It was a tight but worth it for the great ride!!!

suggest you go ahead and try for the ride.
i've read some TM's will help push the restraint down for the guest.
i have seen some peeps that aren't able to ride after trying and it really isn't that noticable to others.
it's a constant loading of guests while the cars are emptying out for those getting off the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter