For UK Brides who ve flown with Virgin

feline figaro

WDW Bride May 2009 - WDW Vet
How did your hubby take their suit out? Was it packed & put in a suitcase to go in the planes hold or was they able to carry it on folded up in a suit carry on bag?

I ve just tried researching whether Virgin allows suit bags to go on board but it only mentions about wedding dresses.

Im taking my dress on board as i ve found a suitcase thats just a tad bit bigger than the measurements given on Virgins website but have only just thought about what my df's gonna do about his suit :confused:

Was hoping someone might be able to give me the info im looking for;).
We can always hook the suit bag up to my carry on case so its not really being carried up separetely but am not sure if that would work :confused3

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :thumbsup2

I'd really like to know the answer to this also. Do you have to have booked your wedding through Virgin in order to take the suit bag into the cabin?

I would nt of thought so, i think rules apply regardless of whether you ve booked weddings with them or not. I would of thought Virgin has a lot of people fly with them for business means so the carrying on of suit bags would be fairly common?? Ok, not so much on flights to Orlando but for destinations like New York surely
I hope they allow this as it just makes everything that bit easier, a suit bag can easily be hooked up to case handles too.

Fingers crossed other people have been able to carry these on :)

Ooooh, where did you find the info regarding wedding dresses, can you post a link??

I was told that if it doesn't fit in normal hand luggage, they don't offer closet space anymore and it would have to go in the hold, but if it's clearly labelled, fragile wedding garments, they'll be gentler with it!!

I'm doing the same as you as regards my dress (in a suitcase for hand luggage) but DF has only a linen shirt, plus trousers and shoes, so hadn't really considered carrying it separately.

Sorry I can't help.

we flew with Virgin, I took my dress onboard in a small carry on suitcase. My husband's suit was packed in the suitcase and went in the hold. I must admit I was a little worried but the suit was fine at the other end! It's nearly two years since we went, so things might have changed. hope this helps!:goodvibes

having worked for Virgin Atlantic we were always told to tell people they were not allowed to take them on board as there is no where to hang them. Now when I flew to my planning session I asked both va check in and security and both said asked the other one so I didnt want to risk it on our wedding trip.

If your travelliing upper class which most business men do they get more hand luggage anyway. I would say pack as hand luggage in the correct size to be safe

Our suits were packed in normal check in baggage folded in 2 and then just ironed with the iron that disney provide in their rooms.

My dress was squashed into a hand luggage sized bag (the dress shop packed it for me) both flying out and flying back

The best men bought all the suits back for us all 7 of them in a holdall that i beleive they put in the hold.

There are alot of talk that you can take on board but I personally wouldnt want to risk it because if you get a moody checkin staff and they make you check it in you wont have a case for it so packing it in a hand luggage case means you can take it on no matter what

I flew with Virgin in October. I put my DH's suit on a hanger in with my wedding dress. My wedding dress was in a dress bag rolled up in a carry on bag. My dress had a huge train and layers. I put tissue paper down one side. When it got to florida i hardly had to iron much at all. I put a towel over my dress and gently ironed the train. That was about it.:thumbsup2

The dress came back the same way, and i took a rucksack to put my bouquet, photo album and cake topper in. No way was i allowing that to go in the suitcase. When you see how much people take back with them, my hand luggage was small in comparision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter