For trips scheduled Fall 2005, what are you doing now?

hopetoseedisney

Earning My Ears
Well, our first trip had to be rescheduled again! This time, we want to be completely prepared and I hope to be able to save enough that I can have a little nicer trip than we would have had in February. So, what can I start doing now? How do you decide what your goal will be?? The kids now want to do at least two character meals (one princess and one with goofy, donald, and pluto). They are saving up their birthday money and disney dollars for spending money. They will have birthdays before our trip, and will ask for disney dollars or disney tshirts instead of other gifts. As of right now, we have annual pass vouchers, and we will be eligible for 50% off our room rates (dh is an airline employee). We will most likely fly since we can for free, and with the Disney Express, we will save for our transportation. I would like to allow us to be free to eat where we want on our trip. It will be me, dh, dd (9 yrs at the time of the trip) and ds (7 at the time of the trip).
I plan on picking up various items like tshirts, little toys or stuffed animals, we already have the brita water bottles, and I'm just not sure what else. What other things should I be doing in the coming months?

Since you have AP vouchers, I would recommend getting a membership in the Disney Dining Experience. The DDE used to be open to Florida residents only and Disney recently made it available to AP holders. The cost is $50 (a $25 savings off the usual price) and you would get 20% off your dining bill at a large number of sitdown restaurants and some counterservice. This would include breakfast in the castle and Restaurant Akershus (where the other "princess" meals are held). The great part is that your whole bill is discounted...even those glowing drinks the kids love and alcoholic beverages for Mom & Dad!

You can get it by calling (407) 566-5858† (Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. E.S.T.). The pre-recording greeting still says that it's for Florida residents but if you explain to the CSR that you're an AP holder, you won't have a problem.

Here's a link to a list of participating restaurants, if you would like to evaluate the program's worth. You do not need to have an AP in hand to purchase the DDE but you will probably be asked to show it when dining.

DDE Updated List

We're going Sept 05 and can not wait.

I've got my laundry tablets, glow light necklaces from the dollar store, some stuff like a personal fan from the disney store sale.

I've bought my tickets and our lodging is paid for. I've saved up about $600 for spending money and food. I want to get up to $1,000. My tickets are paid for too.

I've got to get a mental/paper list of what we want to ride and see.

Hope your planning goes well.

Syd

**This is what I did (copy & pasted it below)..Used Microsoft Excel to create a spreadsheet of potential costs (used allears for menu lists, and came up with what I thought my family would order) and what we would like to do while there. Our park tickets were a Christmas gift from my parents, so those are already paid for. I use a second spreadsheet for "Disney Payments" (money I set aside from dh's paycheck, goes in a separate savings account.) I know my goal & I know I have until Oct to save for our 1st trip! Good luck!

Shelly :wizard:

"Wish List" Cost to do: When to purchase call?
1. Cinderella's Royal Table $115.00 90 days prior call 1-407-WDW-DINE
2.. Mickey'sNSSHP $160.00
3. 50's Prime Time Café $75.00 90 days prior 1-407-WDW-DINE
"Necessities for Disney"
1. airfare $985.00 booked
2. car rental + gas a $250.00 booked
3. groceries for week $50.00 *split 3 ways
4. food @ Disney/5 days $300.00 (counter service)
5. tolls/parking on Disney $55.00 8.00 x 5 trips + tolls 15.00
6. Parking at home airport $60.00
7. House rental $325.00 *split 3 ways
8. Spending money $500.00

I have already planned what days we'll be in each park and marked them on our calendar. I have also marked which days we need to call for our PS's. I have a few things ready to be packed that are put away. We have started copying some favorite DVD's to bring with us to watch in the car. (don't want to lose/ruin originals) I am working on a budget and where we will eat each day, also looking for resteraunts along the way down since we are driving. We'll have 5 kids from age 2 thru 15 with DH and I. Tickets are bought and room is half paid for. I am making a list of must do attractions and all else will be a bonus. I am also reading everything I can get my hands on and stocking up on pins to trade and the like. I am planning this alone so if it isn't great I will be blamed. It's going to be wonderful tho!! :cheer2:

Soon, I will start loading up on film and camera batteries for myself and kids. Also maybe a few disposable camera's for the other kids. The 15 yr old is our babysitter so I want to get something special for her. We are already paying her way thru the trip besides extra spending money but this trip is going to be much better than she expects. She has never been to Disney either.

Oh, I am also waiting for the release of dates for MNSSHP and tickets.

We are going in November.We are doing nothing now. I'll probably start looking at the Skyauction RSG auctions in March or April and book a place. Other than that, nothing to do until the week before when I'll check the weather forecast, get out the suitcases and start packing.

There is nothing else that we do in advance. We don't make any PSs.

We're going in December (17-17) and I just booked our car ($225 fullsized with Alamo) Maybe rates will go down, but I like having a starting point.

When we were at WDW in August, I booked our carin Jnauary. AT the time I thought the price was OUTRAGEOUS!!! I was so glad I booked, because prices only went higher and higher.

I have paid the deposits for our room. Then I plan to start paying it off each month this year.

When they winter clothes sales start happening, I will buy ds's a couple of pairs of those pants that zip off into shorts. I thought they would be good for December, since the weather is so unpredictable.

I also will try and make it to the mall and purchase $50 Disney dollars each month.

Dh emptied the "pig" last night (our bank) and he has about $225. We're going to add $25 to it and buy five $50 travelers checks.

Real planning (itinerary, meals, etc) will just have to wait awhile.

Julia

Can we still buy Disney Dollars? I have been away a while but I thought I read that DD's were no longer going to be available.
Thanks

We are going Nov. 19-25, 2005. Right now I am watching airfare and going to book as soon as I get my bonus money. I am hoping for direct flight about 250 each.

I have looked over the dining plan and figuring out what places we want to eat at.

Saving all my change - when I can keep DS out of it and going to use that for spending and extra food.

That is about all right now.

Our plans have been saved in an Excel file for over a year becasue we were planning to go Thanksgiving 2004, but had to scrap the idea at the beginning of the year when DH had trouble with meaningful employemnt. All I had saved went to paying bills *sigh*.

I'm looking forward to putting this years tax refund towards a trip this year, if I can figure out another way to fund DH's tool chest for work :rolleyes:. Once I get over the holiday pangs with the bills I want to start transferring $ regularly to our ING account, keep saving the change we've been dipping in to, keep on rewarding for free $ and gift cards and purchase Disney Dollars more frequently. I plan on changing car insurance (save me $100/month for at least six months) and pay off a few things (at least $200/month savings as of July). If I can't make my goal for this November, I'll have to push the trip off again and will aim for June 2006.

We're talking about going this November (week before Thanksgiving) but my husband is not a plan ahead kind of guy so I'm not even allowed to make lodging or car reservations. I am watching prices, though, so I am at least able to tell him when something appears to have hit rock bottom.

Other than that, I'm socking money away, ebaying, consigning some kids' clothes, rebating, etc. trying to get a bit of money together.

We are going late Oct early Nov. I have not made room or package ressies but I have started looking. I have started to plan days and have started to look at where we will eat the "nice" meals. I have started to save but only this paycheque. Most will go on credit.... :earseek: But I don't care you only live once.

I will probably start buying little things this month and putting them away, then there are the clothes I bought last year determind to lose some weight which I didn't that I will fit into this trip :rolleyes:

Other then that just counting the days.

:earseek: Since we decided to due the cruise with WDW, I booked our package for early December. :cheer2:

:wizard: Now it's a waiting game until September- October when I pay the balance and will start planing what to do. I'll probably start earlier because I can't wait.

Well we reserved the room. We planned what we are doing (more or less), its a short trip. We probably won't do anything else til SouthWest opens up our dates. This will be our 3rd trip to WDW our first trip home to SSR.

Tricia

Well, not doing WDW :guilty: but we are going away this fall. :D
So far I've booked the airfare, car rentals and hotel (hotwire)

The waiting is KILLING me!!! :bitelip:

curly :wave:

We're going in Sept '05. Most of you are way ahead of me. (Should I panic? :scared: )

I spent about 2 weeks looking on the net for just the right poolhouse to rent. I found a 3 bdrm/2 bath in Indian Creek. It's just $475 for the week and it's only 3.25 miles from Disney! I sent the booking form and deposit yesterday.

We have a bottle large where we save loose change and that is getting pretty heavy. I also have about $400. in cash back dollars on my Discover and Mastercard that are just waiting to be cashed in. I want to start selling on ebay to make more spending $$.

Now I have to get on the ball with all of the rest of the planning--- Tickets, dining, buy-ahead souveniers, etc.

I like to go to Deb's website and print out the latest version of the menus from WDW. Our whole family looks them over and we get a general idea of where we want to eat in each park. Since the menues have the prices, this helps me calculate how much to budget for food.

So now that you are going on vacation what to buy to take with us. I thought I would start a box of things we need so I can catch the sales.

But thought I would ask the vets!

We have our rental home booked and a rough itinerary of the trip. I planning my neice's wedding that's in May so I plan on doing more planning after that headache is over!
Kimba

We are going the first week of October.. So far I have my reservations for Coronado and made two payments. I have reviewed the new MYW plans and decided to just wait it out, I've been told that October is a good discount month and so I will wait and see.

I've calculated the food plan and since its just DH and myself we are gonna skip it, some days we don't eat breakfast, there looks to be some outside the park places to eat, etc..

I've started a drawer when I place things in that I find at the stores that I've been told to bring, so far I have rain poncho's, peppermint foot lotions, 3 boxes of crystal light sticks and some bath and body works supplies (little bottles) that I receieved at Christmas.

Its hard to get overly crazy right now as we have 2 trips to the beach this summer (to our timeshare so that is paid for already, we have a week in June and a week in August) and my one and only niece is getting married as well this summer so I have all those trips plus a few work related trips to plan for also. Good thing I love to travel.

I do like watching my counter run down though. I think when it hits 100, then I will really get crazed.

The only other things I am doing is I digitally scrap book so I've started to create page kits so when I get back I can plop my pictures in them and I am done. I've also DL's a bunch of WDW sounds and songs from alt.binaries.multimedia.disney.parks which I plan to use as background music on my picture slideshows I make..

That is about it so far. Oh and read these boards everyday :earboy2:

Kelly

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter