• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? For Tour Guide Mike subscribers . . .

KangaFan

Hoping to someday be as patient as Kanga
Has he updated the touring plans in the last year? We're looking to plan another trip & are trying to decide if its worth renewing our subscription.

Thanks!

Don't do it. Go with touringplans.com. TGM information is several years old in many places. I can't believe he is still collecting money from people.

TGM's site isn't up to date enough to be worth the subscription any more. The touring plans are woefully out of date (like Studios plans that still don't include Toy Story Mania), and you can get the crowd calendars and best/worst parks from EasyWDW for free or from TouringPlans.com for a lower price that includes the Lines app.

Check out Easywdw.com, he has good information and it is very up to date

We love this website! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I'd never give TGM my money after how the site's lacked up to date information for the better of a year.

I understand we get busy and sometimes things we love fall by the way-side but when you are collecting money for a service I do expect it to give the service it promises.

I wouldn't do it. The info is not updated and just in the last few weeks I have had problems with him posting his least crowded parks for June. It took him weeks after he said he was going to post them for him to actually do it and they weren't posted until well after the 180 day window opened.

I wouldn't do it. The info is not updated and just in the last few weeks I have had problems with him posting his least crowded parks for June. It took him weeks after he said he was going to post them for him to actually do it and they weren't posted until well after the 180 day window opened.

I had the same experience and ended up getting a refund. This was after using his plans in 2010 and waiting forever for Toy Story Mania! because it's nowhere on any of his plans.

I figured that was a fluke. It's not unfortunately.

Don't waste your money! The site hasn't been updated for a LONG time. Easywdw.com and Touringplans.com are SO much better and more accurate and updated with their info.

We used TGM for trips in 2006/2009 and thought it was a helpful service and worth the money. I went ahead and renewed it for our Jan. 2012 trip and boy do I wish I'd checked here first. I feel ripped off because it's the same info and include no updates. We've been using easyWDW instead. I'd like to get the touringplans but not sure it's necessary since our itinerary is pretty set.

In short, forget TGM.

I might renew TGM for the forums, love them. However, I mostly use easywdw for planning, and I use the touringplans app while we're there and the crowds calendars for helping pick dates for vacation.

Its a shame its not updated - I used to love it. Even though I know enough that I could probably choose my own best days, it was still lots of fun to read his reasoning for choosing each park day - it really got me excited about our trip. Too bad.

unfortunately i am another former subscriber that no longer recommends TGM. way outdated not only in his touring plans but in some attraction descriptions also.
a friend of mine who was going in sept 2011 was really upset because mike apparently didn't update the LCPC until it was too late to make any changes. some what akin to what some posters here are complaining about for the june 2012 LCPC.

seems he has become very inattentive to his site and being the most expensive i would wait until he updates it. stick with the free easywdw(good site, yet still needs MK touring plan) and touringplans.com btw if you have the UG book you get a discount on the TP site price.

I used to be a great supporter and often a defender of TGM.
While I am still a subscriber I can no longer support or defend the site, will never pay another penny for it nor would I recommend it to anyone else.

It is obscenely out of date, full of empty promises of improvement that never happen. Here it is 12/31 and the January park hours have not even been updated yet.
The forums used to be very active and helpful- but lately it's like a graveyard. All the knowledgeable people have moved on to other sites.

For those above who have subscribed and are not satisfied- ask for a refund.
It is amazing to me that TGM still continues to sell subscriptions and make money in such a fraudulent way.

the easywdw forums have many former tgm'ers and are very helpful. As far as MK tours go, all you have to do is post what you want to do - what your must do's are... and they will help you pull together one just for you!

I really appreciate all the help and support they freely give! Josh on the main page goes to the parks so often, he updates, and adds very useful information (and on occassion has been known to post here)

We used TGM for our last 4 trips. Each trip there was more and more outdated information, more and more broken promises and more and more outright rude comments/ excuses, if you said anything regarding the outdated information. I will never give him another penny. I used to be a very strong TGM advocate. Not any more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter