? For those with Disney Jr Fans (Hollywood & Vine character meal)

2Pirates2Princesses

DIS Veteran
Now that Doc McStuffins has her own meet and greet area in addition to Jake and Sofia’s meet and greet areas outside/near the entrance of Disney Jr Live, would you still book a Hollywood & Vine ADR? Our youngest DD is 18 months old (will be almost 2.5 yrs old on our next trip) and loves Disney Jr, but she is our only Disney Jr fan in the house (DS6 has outgrown it). Now that we know she would be able to meet each of her favorite Disney Jr characters without having to book the character meal, we can consider other options like a lunch ADR at Sci Fi Diner (on our short list of restaurants to try). I know Disney has a track record of being slow to bring in new characters to the Hollywood & Vine meal, but it will be just my luck that they switch things up within the next ten months and I'll be inclined to reconsider booking this character meal again :laughing:

Hey, can't believe the little one has gotten so big.

My daughter only admits to liking the characters once we get there for the meal. But it was the limitations of seeing those characters that motivated me booking the meal for my son. Although he did enjoy the interaction with them during the songs, he wasn't into that until the trip we took when he was 3.5. When he was 2, he did the conga line; but sat and watched when the children were invited up to dance with characters. If you can book a meal that might appeal to more of your children since you have 4 others to consider (plus you and your dh), I'd go that route. That is unless like the other poster mentioned the lines will be an issue.

I would absolutely skip Hollywood and Vine. We did basically all the character meals between two trips when our son was 3, and Hollywood and Vine was our, and especially my 3 year old son's least favorite. The human like characters are just plain freaky looking and my son was disturbed by them and did not like them at all, even though he loves Disney Jr. The only character he would go near was Special Agent Oso, and he had never even seen that show before the meal.

I'd recommend doing it once, that way you have no regrets. We did it last year w/ our DS (4) and DD (2) and they loved it. We are skipping it this year b/c they can meet 3 of the 4 at M&G's and we booked Chef Mickey instead fora character meal. Worth going to though, especially if you can get the first breakfast reservation.

It all depends on how much time you want to allot to standing in lines. Those m&g's can have longish lines in the sun. The meal provides all of them at once in air conditioned comfort. Three separate waits versus one with a meal. Food for thought.

This is what actually kept us from booking this character meal on our last two Disney trips, because we were able to do the Disney Jr meet and greets without lengthy waits on both of those trips. On our last trip, my youngest DS was 4 and Handy Manny was waving to get people's attention because there was no one in his line ( I know he hasn't been relevant for awhile though :laughing:). Jake was fairly popular at that point in time and there were only three other families in line with us to meet him. I was thinking that since there isn't much to do at Hollywood Studios these days that waiting to meet two or three Disney Jr characters won't put that much of a dent in our plans; but I could be wrong :laughing:

Hey, can't believe the little one has gotten so big.

My daughter only admits to liking the characters once we get there for the meal. But it was the limitations of seeing those characters that motivated me booking the meal for my son. Although he did enjoy the interaction with them during the songs, he wasn't into that until the trip we took when he was 3.5. When he was 2, he did the conga line; but sat and watched when the children were invited up to dance with characters. If you can book a meal that might appeal to more of your children since you have 4 others to consider (plus you and your dh), I'd go that route. That is unless like the other poster mentioned the lines will be an issue.

Yes, she is all toddler now and she is spoiled endlessly by her older brothers and sisters so I know they wouldn't mind doing this character meal for their baby sister's benefit :laughing:. The conga line and dancing with the characters sounds fun. She loves to clap and dance to music, so this would be a great memory to get on video if we had the opportunity. After this upcoming trip we probably won't get back to Disney until she is 5, so I know there is a possibility this may be the last trip where she is really into the Disney Jr stuff.

I would absolutely skip Hollywood and Vine. We did basically all the character meals between two trips when our son was 3, and Hollywood and Vine was our, and especially my 3 year old son's least favorite. The human like characters are just plain freaky looking and my son was disturbed by them and did not like them at all, even though he loves Disney Jr. The only character he would go near was Special Agent Oso, and he had never even seen that show before the meal.

I am sorry to hear that. I do regret not booking this meal when Oso was there. He was so darn cute :goodvibes

I'd recommend doing it once, that way you have no regrets. We did it last year w/ our DS (4) and DD (2) and they loved it. We are skipping it this year b/c they can meet 3 of the 4 at M&G's and we booked Chef Mickey instead fora character meal. Worth going to though, especially if you can get the first breakfast reservation.

Hmm, DS6 and DD8 really want to do the Jedi Training Academy and a pre-park opening ADR would give us a head start on the sign ups for JTA while getting the Disney Jr experience out of the way :scratchin . This gives me something to think about. Glad I have ten months :laughing:

See my avatar? Yes, we are going back to H&V and seeing 4 characters instead of standing in line to see each one. We might wait in line for Doc if it's short, but the dancing and fun at H&V for us has always been well worth it.

Last year my kids were 7.5, 4, and baby and they all loved h&v....it was awesome... Good food and pretty fast for a character meal. We really loved the experience! I would do it once!

We did breakfast there last year, and it wasn't bad. Not the best meal of the trip of the trip, but a decent breakfast buffet. It is kind of hard to mess up breakfast. Our little Disney Jr. fans really enjoyed meeting the characters.

We met Jake and Handy Manny outside the Disney Jr show with minimal wait (3 years ago). So we are skipping H&V based on poor to mixed food reviews and taking our chances with the lines.

We are taking our 2.5 year old twins in 2 weeks. I'll try to report back! I know ours love music, dancing, and Disney Jr. and we don't intend to return until they are 5, so we made the meal a priority for this trip. We are also dining at T Rex, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace, and Garden Grill while on our trip as my two LOVE Mickey characters, dinosaurs, and Pooh!

We didn't make a reservation for HV, just were in the area wanted lunch and they were able to fit us in. It was by far one of our most fun lunches. My boys were 3, 6 and 9 at the time. They did a lot of dancing (and my boys love to dance) and I felt like the characters were there practically the whole meal. I honestly don't remember that much about the food, sorry! I'm sure it couldn't have been bad... it was the experience that stood out. But Sci Fi is super fun too... hard decision.

We booked it for the characters in September. That way we can concentrate on other things in the park. I wish they would replance Handy Manny with Miles from Tomorrowland. My DD would be in heaven with Him, Jake, Sofia and Doc!

We met Jake and Handy Manny outside the Disney Jr show with minimal wait (3 years ago). So we are skipping H&V based on poor to mixed food reviews and taking our chances with the lines.

This is why I am torn and why we haven't done the meal on past trips because these particular meet and greet lines were always what we considered to be reasonable waits. Also, if we don't do the meal, I'll probably just do the meet and greet lines for Sofia and Doc and the Disney Junior Live show with the baby while DH takes the other kids to TOT or Rock N' Rollercoaster. But then again, I'm not sure if that will work cause DH may not want to miss seeing the baby meet her Disney Jr idols :laughing:

We booked it for the characters in September. That way we can concentrate on other things in the park. I wish they would replance Handy Manny with Miles from Tomorrowland. My DD would be in heaven with Him, Jake, Sofia and Doc!

They may very well add Miles to the mix at H&V which would make sense. Handy Manny is rarely shown anymore. I think the only one in my crew that would miss him would be DH. He has DS6's old Handy Manny doll displayed on one of his tool shelves in the garage :laughing:

I think the only one in my crew that would miss him would be DH. He has DS6's old Handy Manny doll displayed on one of his tool shelves in the garage :laughing:

DS6 loved Handy Manny but now he's too old for that stuff. DH and I are more attached to Handy Manny than the kids are these days.
Miles would be a good addition if Manny has to leave.

We love the H&V breakfast! DD(4) has done it three times now and the experience just keeps getting better. She is a big fan of the audience participation aspect now that she is older. I also find the servers very attentive and could live on their cheesy potatoes and biscuits and gravy :love:

I am not a fan of standing on line to meet characters if there is an alternative such as H&V. I'd rather put in a half day, take a break to swim, and head back for Fantasmic at night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter