• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For Those Who Were At The World This December...

qanita92

Yes, I am a teenager and I do like planning WDW va
How was it like? Crowds? Dining and such?

I haven't been on here for a while and when I searched "December 2008" there weren't any results.

Thanks

Hi,

Welcome back! I think in order to get an accurate answer you will need to be more specific about what part of December. There's a huge difference between the week of, say, December 10 and Christmas week!

I was there the first week (3rd-8th) and everything was great! The longest I had to wait was probably 25 mins for Splash (without a FP). I was at each park at park opening and stayed till closing every night. Rode everything I wanted to ride (favorites multiple times) and saw almost all the Christmas decorations I wanted to....that was important to me. I was able to eat and be out of restaurants within 30-40 mins. Sometimes faster! I did ADR at Coral Reef, Plaza, and Mama Melrose. The weather was in the upper 70s the first two full days and probably in the upper 50s to lower 60s my last two days. It got pretty chilly at night too. The night of MVMCP I had to wear my gloves.

BTW, I went solo so I didn't have to accommodate others.

As Bob P has said, the dates make a huge difference. We were there 12/12-15 and thought the crowds weren't bad at all.

We were there 12-23 to 1-2. Yes the crowds were there!!! BUT with some advanced planning and being willing to be up befoer the sun nearly every day we were able to do everything we wanted. EMH AM is a MUST!!! On Christmas Day we were able to have FPs for all we wanted or had done everything by noon with a 9:15 CRT ADR. This was only done with the use of EMH when they opened at 7 AM.
So, yes, Christmas time is completely doable with having fun!!!

The week before xmas two years in a row. LOOOOOOOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it. Best time. We arent going then this year and I cry every time I think about it. :sad:
Make ADR's and following a touring plan. Youll never wait more than 10 min in line and it will be like no one is in the parks but you!

Been there the last 4 Decembers. We have been going the first or second week and its great. Great weather, light crowds and have all the holiday decorations.

Fab - we're heading out for the first two weeks this year and it sounds like the crowds will be light - just the way we like 'em!

My family and I were there Dec. 21-29 and my father said the parks were packed like sardines. Me, I loved every minute of it. Everyone is different.

While my father slept in my DH, DD (11), DS (16) and myself were all at the parks for rope drop and done by lunch time. This is the only time of year we are able to go so we make it work for us, however, it isn't for everyone. The parks are crowded and you do have longer waits.

That's why WDW vacations are not for sleeping late ;)

Plan on going the week before Christmas this year. It will be our first time going at that time of the year. Can't wait.

It was pretty crowded near the end of December, but the beginning of December was fairly light.

We were there Dec 3-9. Although it seemed like there were tons of people in the parks - we didn't wait long for many rides. We used FPs for the headliners and never waited longer than 10 min for most rides. We waited 20 min a couple of times, but not much. The lines may have gotten long in the afternoons, but we would hit the rides in the morning or whenever the lines were shorter.

The weather was all over the place. Some days were jacket-weather in the morning and then nice in the afternoon. A couple of days were downright HOT in the afternoon. One day was chilly in the morning, and keep-the-jacket-on all day. I packed clothes for all types of weather and was glad I did. The weather never kept us from having a good time.

We had almost all our ADRs booked 180 days out - but one day we looked for a dinner ADR at Epcot, and didn't seem to have trouble finding one in Italy for that night.

We were there Dec 3-9. Although it seemed like there were tons of people in the parks - we didn't wait long for many rides. We used FPs for the headliners and never waited longer than 10 min for most rides. We waited 20 min a couple of times, but not much. The lines may have gotten long in the afternoons, but we would hit the rides in the morning or whenever the lines were shorter.

I couldn't agree more. We were there Dec 1-4 and we thought it was so crowded that it was hard to maneuver ourselves around. We never waited in a line longer than an hour (for soarin - because fastpasses were gone by the time we got there). we had a great plan and always got there at rope drop, but it just felt...crowded. I felt my previous trips in November and even october were less crowded than december.

We were just there Nov. 30-Dec. 11th. I had purchased a membership to TGM and used his touring advice. We found the crowds to be VERY manageable and had a great time. The decorations were absolutely beautiful. I would def. go at this time again. Be prepared w/ hats and mittens though...temps were variable and it got cool at night.

We went Dec. 14th -19th. Weather was absolutely perfect, crowds were very manageable and X-mas atmosphere was just right.pixiedust:

We will be there this December 5th-12th! That is the only week in december
that we can go! I hope the crowds are not too bad!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter