For those who went to DL on One More Disney Day...

Would you do all day/night at Disneyland again?

• Yes! In a heartbeat!

• Yes, only if they had it more under control

• I'd consider it only if it were a separate ticketed event

• No way! That was way too crazy!

Results are only viewable after voting.
No way. This was my first time at a sold-out Disney event and I will never go to a sold-out type of event again.

I like Disney when the lines are short and the crowds are thin. I can stroll, do what I want and when I want, and just have a nice relaxing time with family-oriented people. Too many teenagers and crowds. Maybe I am just getting too old for this.

I would do it again, especially if it were a hard ticket event. Doing a hard ticket event allows Disney to control attendance. In return I'd like to see special entertainment, food, merchandise, etc. We didn't get to purchase any merch because everything was gone by the time we got there but then again, I don't really need to spend more on souvenirs.

I didn't go, but I would like to answer! I would consider going if you purchased a separate ticket for the event. I tend to get overwhelmed with huge crowds, so I was very glad we didn't try to arrange our plans to go. I think it could be really fun though.

We are tourists (not APers). My sons (7 & 10 yo) and some friends were there for most of the day--and it was great. We had been there since Sunday, so had very light crowds & a wonderful time. We left the park about 4:30pm and made the mistake of coming back in after WOC; nightmare. Lines for the bathrooms, teenagers everywhere acting crazy, unable to move through the crowds. We left before the parade, thank goodness, and saw the thousands of people waiting in line to buy tickets & to get through security.
It was a special day, with lots of cool events & unique touches; but would do it again only if it were a ticketed event and thus some crowd control.

I would do it again - even if it weren't a separately ticketed event.

I mean, it did get WAY too crazy and WAY out of control during the night time... but I would have liked to have stayed (my friend didn' really want to) and just taken photos all night. I probably would not have waited for any rides unless I got really bored. I would have waited for food if I needed it, but knowing now, I would have prepared better with snacks and water brought into the park.

I was glad I made Blue Bayou reservations about a month in advance!

No, we wouldn't do it again. It was neat that we were there, but my husband and I don't like huge crowds like that. The early part of the day wasn't too bad and our daughter got to go on some rides before the lines got ridiculous. Our first two days were so much more relaxing. pirate:

I went expecting one thing and it turned into something different.
If you went knowing you were just going to hang out, people watch, eat and meet up with friends just to experience something totally different, then let the fun begin.....popcorn::

probably not...It was just too crowded past 10 and I wasn't able to utilize the extra time like I was hoping to. I'm glad I went and had a good time but I don't think it's a repeat for me.

I would definitely go again. I loved all of the different entertainment opportunities and meet and greets and food that they offered. Also my favorite part was probably just people watching...people are so interesting! :upsidedow

I would go again no questions asked it was so much fun and the highlight of my evening was getting into the private Vip party midnight snack. They only let 200 people in. I did a trip report about it go a check it out. :cool1:

I would go back in a heartbeat. Yes it was busy, but nothing I couldn't handle. I'd plan to get all the attractions in during the day and just wonder and enjoy the atmosphere in the evening.

I'm honestly pretty shocked that DL did not plan for larger crowds, we went down there assuming it would be a mess. Checked into a hotel around 5, napped (long work day), and went to the park right in the middle of the chaos around 1130pm. Our hotel...ahem.... motel was located at Disneyland and Ball, and it sure was exciting walking toward the parks seeing the massive mess at the M&F garage and all of the 'Disneyland Park Full' signs.

When we got to security, a man announced that it would be a 2 1/2 hour wait before they opened the gates, and even then it would only be for people who had already entered the park that day (for AP's and regular tickets). We pressed through anyway, and hung out by one of the gates. The "line" to enter the park was about 50 feet wide and went all the way back to DCA, curved back toward DTD, and kind of snaked back toward DL. There were really no CM's in the area and it appeared that everybody was doing their best to stay orderly. We decided to hang out near one of the park exits (they had all of them switched to exit, and just the center section for entrance) to see if we can figure out what was going on in the park.

After about 10 minutes of waiting, we noticed the CMs in the park beginning to multiply, and sure enough they opened the gates; not just the ones with the massive line, but most of them, including the ones that others were just kind of mobbed up at. Well, the cheering began and the line basically just merged forward into a large mob. The mob did not push and shove, and many of us squished a little bit to prevent cutting, but at least where I was everybody was in good spirits and mostly polite. Time left hotel, 11:35, time entered the park, 12:20. We were not stopped for having not entered previously. To be honest, the only person that was kind of rude was a middle aged woman who sneered every time her shoulder got tapped by another person. It was clear to me that she is a 'Tuesday in November' type visitor that just really didn't belong there. The younger people and their happier moods were much better company.

We had an ADR for Cafe Orleans at 1:30AM, which I learned was sort of a mistake as that was right when Fantasmic was letting out, but we pressed through nonetheless. We even got a ride on Splash during the show with about a 10 minute wait. We hurried over to Cafe Orleans and checked in. We waited about 15 minutes to be seated and watched countless walk-ins get turned away.

After dinner/breakfast we just walked around and took it all in. We saw some alcohol in bathroom trash cans and smelled pot on several occasions, but since we were not waiting in any lines or riding anything, we didn't experience any of the negativity I have read about. We ride IASW with its 20 minute line, walked past SM with its 140 minute line, took some pictures at the gate with Chip & Dale and left around 5. It was perfect.

Look, the first thing that came to my head when I heard about this was "great, another grad nite!" That was obviously the thought of thousands of local AP's. I was mentally prepared for it and while we did see some 'non-Disney' activity happening, this is the kind of thing any reasonable person should expect at an all night party. All this being said, I would do it again in an instant, even if the crowds were a repeat. I have a bottom grade SoCal AP because I work on weekends and I would honestly rather not visit in the summer. This was a great opportunity to enjoy the park with crowds and experience why I love going on weekdays!!! Not to mention, riding IASW at 3:30am!! :yay:

I was a little sad that the hoodies, t shirts, and even the free buttons were gone, though. They missed out on massive sales for underestimating the power of nearly a million pass-holders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter