For those who wait in line 2+ hours...

DisneyBill85

Mouseketeer at Heart
With all the talk lately about lines for Soarin and Toy Story Mania reaching upwards of 4 hours during the busy holiday time, I'd love to hear from people that have actually waitied in a line like this. I personally would never do this. To me it would be the most painful, frustrating experience of my life. Then again, I am a very impatient person by nature. I know that.

If you've waited close to 3 hours or more for a ride, help me understand what your're thinking? Not passing judgement by any means, just curious. If a park is only open say 8 hours, you may get only 2-3 rides in for an entire day. Is that really worth the price of admission?

With all the talk lately about lines for Soarin and Toy Story Mania reaching upwards of 4 hours during the busy holiday time, I'd love to hear from people that have actually waitied in a line like this. I personally would never do this. To me it would be the most painful, frustrating experience of my life. Then again, I am a very impatient person by nature. I know that.

If you've waited close to 3 hours or more for a ride, help me understand what your're thinking? Not passing judgement by any means, just curious. If a park is only open say 8 hours, you may get only 2-3 rides in for an entire day. Is that really worth the price of admission?

1) People who wait in line 3+ hours probably aren't the type to hang out here on the DIS

2) The time of year the parks have 3+ hour waits, they are likely to be open WAY more than 8 hours a day.

3) I wouldn't expect anyone to answer to a question of "What the heck were you thinking".... even if you claim not to be passing judgement.

I've been that person. 150 minutes for TSM. It was 1 day of a 10 day trip, and my fiancé was in meetings and would be gone for 3 hours. We got fastpasses for RNR for when he got back, so I had time to kill.

No answer for you, because I am not one of those persons and I would never wait it line that long! Unfortunately there have been a few times that we have gone to Disney and rode virtually no rides at all. We still have a great time!

I see you are in BG ... I am your neighbor in nearby Millbury. :o)

late Oct 2010...got in line for Soarin...wait was between 30-40min...in line for about 10min and they announced wait was now an hour and a half...ended up waiting close to 2hrs...only waited because it was our last day at Epcot and had never done the ride before

same week got on TSM three times in under an hour each

I must be a snob. I refuse to wait longer than 20 minutes. With great planning and just knowing the ropes of the parks we ride everything we want to, even on a 3 day trip in July (on a weekend).

I must be a snob. I refuse to wait longer than 20 minutes. With great planning and just knowing the ropes of the parks we ride everything we want to, even on a 3 day trip in July (on a weekend).

I must be a snob then too LOL. My max is about 15 minutes. If DD's REALLY want to ride something and I know that the wait will probably not be shorter, then I'll do 20 minutes. Never longer than that. But then again, we go to Disney several times a year, so I know that we can always catch it on our next trip if we don't get to it this time.

I'm a snob too, no longer than 20 mins on any ride. When I was in my teens, my family wants to ride every ride and we waited for 90mins on Easter Sunday (I would never do that with our son or husband b/c they would never go back to Disney). I need to make Disney trip as painless for the 2 of them or I'll never get to go back.

DBF and I turn away if it says more than 20 minutes. If it's 20, we debate - haha!

I can't imagine waiting in a 2 or 3 hour line for one simple reason, and it isn't impatience - what do you do when you have to go to the bathroom? Sorry, but I'm a big water drinker - I'd have to get out of line twice, at least!

I have been once to Disney, but my family first trip. I can guarantee you that we will not be waiting but 15 min for a ride. They can ride it next time. I visit this board & TGM daily plus read guide books. I trying to plan a good tour plan, but I will not wait that long to ride anything. Whom ever waited over 3 hrs to ride something, have very good patience. What happens if you or the kiddos have to go for a potty break? I know that my crew will have to go within the first 30 min of waiting.

1) People who wait in line 3+ hours probably aren't the type to hang out here on the DIS

Totally agree. They don't even know about the DIS, or have ever read a guide book, or even the part of the park guide tha explains fast passes. :sad2:

I must be a snob then too LOL. My max is about 15 minutes. If DD's REALLY want to ride something and I know that the wait will probably not be shorter, then I'll do 20 minutes. Never longer than that. But then again, we go to Disney several times a year, so I know that we can always catch it on our next trip if we don't get to it this time.

Bolding Mine

This is what many people on the Dis forget. Many many people go only 1 time, it is a trip of a life time, so they might want to wait that long to experience all that they can from their trip.

Yes, maybe if they had done some research they may have been able to lessen the time spent waiting but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Kirsten

I was in EPCOT last new years eve where the lines were around 300 minutes long... I sat on a bench because it was soooo crowded and my daughter and her friend went to stand in the line.... their additude was either sit on a bench or stand in a line what do you have to lose.... at least they got to ride test track and was happy

I was in EPCOT last new years eve where the lines were around 300 minutes long... I sat on a bench because it was soooo crowded and my daughter and her friend went to stand in the line.... their additude was either sit on a bench or stand in a line what do you have to lose.... at least they got to ride test track and was happy

That was us last New Years Eve. Is was crowded so lines everywheres. If you left park you might not get back in for fireworks. So either sit some place or wait in a line to go on a ride you want. We rode while DH staked out spot for fireworks. It worked for us, and my last day at disney everytime we go we have to ride Tower of Terror. I do not care how long it takes it is my last ride every time and I am 50 something grandmother:yay: and love it.

I wish more people waited in those crazy insane long lines. That way, there'd be less waits for me on other attractions and less crowds in general in the park because everyone's in line! ;)

Growing up in SoCal ... you kind of went to Disneyland whenever you had the opportunity and we used to frequently wait in 90 minute-2 hour+ long lines. It was just part of going in the summer ... It's a different world now with Fast Pass and the over-abundance of information available so that you can plan and avoid lines. However, I'll be honest, we used to have a blast in line. We'd talk and laugh. The queue (we just called it a line) for the Haunted Mansion just bakes you in the sun, and while it was never that long, I remember we would always get sunburned while we read the tombstones over and over. Im not saying that I love lines or anything like that, but even when it's crowded Disneyland/World is amazing. Where I grew up, it was a badge of honor that showed your dedication to Disneyland, to say , I waited 2 hours for Space Mountain. I remember after Splash Mountain and Indian Jones opened ... you had NO CHOICE but to wait 2 hours ... and it was TOTALLY worth it!

I think we waited about 70 minutes to ride TSM when the whole family went. We had used our FPs to ride it once, and the kids were dying to ride it again. he wait was supposed to be 50 minutes, but it took us 70 to get through. We managed to entertain ourselves pretty well; that queue is pretty interesting,and other guests are also entertaining. I wouldn't wait that long when its just me and DS. Last trip, we didn't even want to wait in line for a FP for TSM right after rope drop. I think Men in BLack has spoiled TSM for us.

At some point and at some times if you want to ride something you'll have to wait or come back another time. If you're inside the park on a holiday or its your last day, only chance for several years...whatever, sometimes you have to just get in the line. There is nothing wrong with it, doesn't make you any less knowledgable about Disney or mean that you're somehow crazy to do it. Just means on that particular day that was the case.

I've said it on the DIS many times and I'll say it again - the folks on here who "know" what they're doing are less than one half of one half of one half of one half percent of the daily visitor to WDW. Look at the total membership on the boards compare it to the average daily attendance at WDW. Most guests don't even stay on property let alone read a Disney message board.

I've never waited that long in Disney World. But, this past summer, we went to Cedar Point, and waited for over an hour to ride the Millennium Force coaster. And what a boring hour it was!

We knew that we will probably never go back to Cedar Point, or, at least not for at least 10 years. (other parks like Hershey Park are closer to us.) So, we decided to suck it up and wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter