For those who paid $200-250/night at the Pan Pacific in Vancouver...

I confirmed with the hotel after a few days to ensure our ressie was there and to obtain the hotel confirmation number also.

I just booked today for a room for next August. I used the Last Minute Travel website...did not sign up for the club...and got the room for $216 including tax. It's around $400 on their website.
How do you book with them without signing up for the club? I'm on the site and I can't figure out how to search Vancouver and book...

Hi there! I'm a newbie to posting, but I booked Pan Pacific for three nights August 2015 for $198/night ($232/nt including taxes and fees).

I booked through last minute travel. I didn't sign up for their membership and it wasn't under their "hot deals" section so I was able to see for sure that it was the Pan. I had the option to book a harbour view immediately for around $250/night (before tax). However, there was also an option to REQUEST a room for $198/night and then LMT would check with the hotel to see if they'd agree to it. I had to give my cc information and wait 48 hours for a response.

I got the confirmation this morning that the hotel accepted the price so I'm all set! I've never booked with LMT so hopefully I don't get to Vancouver just to find out I don't have a hotel! :rotfl2:

I'm so excited to stay here before the cruise!!!

I've never booked with LMT so hopefully I don't get to Vancouver just to find out I don't have a hotel! :rotfl2:

If the Panny does max out.... you can never be out of a hotel room in Vancouver. Even with the Olympics, there's was excess capacity if you are willing to pay above $400.

Downtown has several dozen hotels to choose from with various budgets. My fav hotels are by the airport that can be half price to compared to downtown. There's also suburban places going a little East too. Subways and affordable taxi's make everything so much closer.

In 2013, I used the LMTC for my Pan Pacific room. We stayed two nights prior to our cruise but I did pay for the harbor view rooms as that was important to us and it was worth the difference for us.

Just wanted to mention I've used LMTC several times and have had no issues. I've done as others mentioned, call the hotel to confirm they show the reservation in their system and I also print everything out. Strangely, the Pan Pacific was the only hotel that requested a copy of my reservation (paper copy) so I just gave them mine that I had printed out. Not sure why they wanted it but no issues - I just gave it to them.

Heather

In 2013, I used the LMTC for my Pan Pacific room. We stayed two nights prior to our cruise but I did pay for the harbor view rooms as that was important to us and it was worth the difference for us.

Just wanted to mention I've used LMTC several times and have had no issues. I've done as others mentioned, call the hotel to confirm they show the reservation in their system and I also print everything out. Strangely, the Pan Pacific was the only hotel that requested a copy of my reservation (paper copy) so I just gave them mine that I had printed out. Not sure why they wanted it but no issues - I just gave it to them.

Heather

Thank you! That is a great idea. I will be sure to call and print everything out.

If the Panny does max out.... you can never be out of a hotel room in Vancouver. Even with the Olympics, there's was excess capacity if you are willing to pay above $400.

Downtown has several dozen hotels to choose from with various budgets. My fav hotels are by the airport that can be half price to compared to downtown. There's also suburban places going a little East too. Subways and affordable taxi's make everything so much closer.

Thank you! That eases my mind!

Hi there! I'm a newbie to posting, but I booked Pan Pacific for three nights August 2015 for $198/night ($232/nt including taxes and fees).

I booked through last minute travel. I didn't sign up for their membership and it wasn't under their "hot deals" section so I was able to see for sure that it was the Pan. I had the option to book a harbour view immediately for around $250/night (before tax). However, there was also an option to REQUEST a room for $198/night and then LMT would check with the hotel to see if they'd agree to it. I had to give my cc information and wait 48 hours for a response.

I got the confirmation this morning that the hotel accepted the price so I'm all set! I've never booked with LMT so hopefully I don't get to Vancouver just to find out I don't have a hotel! :rotfl2:

Hi there- you are the 2nd person that said you were able to book the Pan Pacific through LMT without signing up for their club. Can you please clarify exactly how you did this? Another previous poster said you have to google a ‘free membership’ code to use—is that what you meant that you did? Or is there some other way to use LMT without signing up for anything (free or not)? Just feel like I’m missing something here. I am always weary of signing up for anything but if that is the only way, this seems like a great deal.

Hi there- you are the 2nd person that said you were able to book the Pan Pacific through LMT without signing up for their club. Can you please clarify exactly how you did this? Another previous poster said you have to google a ‘free membership’ code to use—is that what you meant that you did? Or is there some other way to use LMT without signing up for anything (free or not)? Just feel like I’m missing something here. I am always weary of signing up for anything but if that is the only way, this seems like a great deal.

Hi! I didn't have to sign up for a membership at all - free or otherwise. I'm not sure how it typically works, but here's what I did:

• Googled last minute travel and went to their main page
  • Under "Last Minute Prices, in advance" I selected Hotels. Under "Destination" I wrote in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
  • I selected my dates/rooms/number of adults
  • Under "Advanced Options" I entered Pan Pacific
  • Click Search Now

Then it pops up on the right side of the screen and I click on "Room Types" to see all of the different options. Then I clicked "Book this room" and was able to complete booking without having to join their membership.

Here's the weird thing though - I booked my reservation on an ipad and followed the above steps without issue. However, now I'm trying to go through the steps on a desktop computer and it's not giving me the same results. It won't confirm that it's the Pan Pacific. It just says "4.5 star hotel in downtown area/vancouver". So that's really strange. Maybe try searching from a mobile device to see if you get better results?

I'm sorry if I didn't explain that well! I think I need more coffee.

Let me know if you have questions!

Hi! I didn't have to sign up for a membership at all - free or otherwise. I'm not sure how it typically works, but here's what I did:

• Under "Last Minute Prices, in advance" I selected Hotels. Under "Destination" I wrote in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
  • Click Search Now

Then it pops up on the right side of the screen and I click on "Room Types" to see all of the different options. Then I clicked "Book this room" and was able to complete booking without having to join their membership.

Here's the weird thing though - I booked my reservation on an ipad and followed the above steps without issue. However, now I'm trying to go through the steps on a desktop computer and it's not giving me the same results. It won't confirm that it's the Pan Pacific. It just says "4.5 star hotel in downtown area/vancouver". So that's really strange. Maybe try searching from a mobile device to see if you get better results?

I'm sorry if I didn't explain that well! I think I need more coffee.

Let me know if you have questions!

I did the same exact thing...using my iPad!

I love Disboards!
I was just booked the Pan Pacific (Harbour View room for 2 nights) for August 2015 via LMT for a total of $513.70 for 2 nights.
Thanks to all whom posted the detailed instructions -- especially the tip to use my iPad!

Thank you for the iPad/mobile tip! It doesn't work on the computer but did on my phone. It shows me just $195 a night for July!

Does this site require payment in full at time of booking, just a deposit, or just a credit card hold with no charge?

This past summer I got it for $190 from Hotwire - came to $235.60/night after taxes. I reserved in mid-April for a date in early August. If you find the Vancouver FAQ thread, there's a detailed post in there (sorry I can't find it right away) about what to look for to know the one you're looking at is the Pan Pacific. It was city view (we did not want to upgrade). You actually could see part of the harbor from the room (normally, if you can even glimpse it, they call it a "harbor view", but here it seems they were more conservative).

• Click Search Now

Thank you so much. Was just able to book (on my Ipad) for 8/30/15 for $195 (237 w/taxes and fees). This is the night before we leave on our B2B (last Alaska/first Hawaii).

Again - great BIG thank you!

1. Did you book it directly thru the hotel?
2. If not, where did you book it from? Hotwire? Orbitz?
3. How early in advance did you book so that you got this price?

We booked through hotwire for our August 2014 cruise. The rate was 195.00 plus tax, but I was able to use a $25.00 off coupon by booking it with the hotwire app for my phone. So a great deal.:thumbsup2

We booked in May for our August cruise. I watched the hotwire site for a few weeks and the price was fluctuating between 195.00 and 215.00.

When we arrived, we were upgraded to a club level suite with city and harbor views. Even the girl checking us in was excited, she said, "this room goes for over $700.00 per night!" They also left a complimentary bottle of wine and cheese platter.......an amazing way to start an amazing vacation.:yay:

• Click Search Now

Thank you so much. Was just able to book (on my Ipad) for 8/30/15 for $195 (237 w/taxes and fees). This is the night before we leave on our B2B (last Alaska/first Hawaii).

Again - great BIG thank you!

I'd reconfirm directly with Pan Pacific that you actually have a room reservation on this. I had a reservation thru LMT for a discounted rate at the MCO Hyatt that looked like it was "booked" when I made it thru their website and was actually just reserved as an internal booking with them - pending availability. I had a heck of a time getting them to provide written confirmation of my cancellation with them (since they take your payment information as a hold), finally did and quickly booked directly with the hotel.

I'll not use LMT again since the terms aren't clearly spelled out.

I can't find any availability for the pan pacific or the fairmonts for our dates next August, even on the hotel websites. Looking at at least 8/9/15.

I can't find any availability for the pan pacific or the fairmonts for our dates next August, even on the hotel websites. Looking at at least 8/9/15.

I would try to call the hotel direct. That's what we had to do. They will email your confirmation.

Does anyone know if there is something special event wise the first week in August in Vancouver? I am looking for 2 nights pre cruise (8/1 and 8/2) and the prices for the closest hotels to the cruise pier are way higher than they are for other weekends. And, the Pan Pacific shows no availability at all for that weekend.

First August weekend???

Yeah... Vancouver is such a "no-fun" city. You are going to need a week before and after the cruise in Vancouver to enjoy it all!

Luckily Vancouver has a surplus of hotel space.

As a high season long weekend, I expect prices to go up with so many coming to Vancouver for those special events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter