For those who leave the parks in the afternoon...

We also go back to swim, lunch/shower/relax and take it easy for a couple of hours. Dinner could be anywhere before, during or at where ever we are going.

We usually head back to the resorts between 11:30 and 1pm - once there we usually grab a fast lunch and then we nap. DH loves to take naps while he is on vacation and it helps us to get ready for the usually long evening ahead of us. Our naps have been anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours!!!! There was one day where neither one of us could wake up and we ended up sleeping until 6pm - we got up, went to dinner, and then hit DTD feeling like it was a new day!

~Amanda

I can't nap, either, so I like to head back to FW and

ride bikes,
walk the dog along the creeks,
hit all the playgrounds with the kid,
go swimming,
ride the golf cart,
shop at the trading posts,
go fishing,
collect pine cones and make mickey heads,
feed the birds and ducks along the creek,
cook dinner or grill out,
hit the pool,
do the campfire program,
watch Wishes and the EWP from the beach,

Now I can sleep for the night!

My husband usually naps or goes swimming while I never nap so either I lay by the pool or just relax watching some tv. We usually leave the parks by 1pm and have only a few hours before we are showering again to go back out so those few hours just relaxing is fine for me. I think as long as you relax for a few hours, that will give you the energy you need for the evening. :)

In the hot months, we like to take an afternoon nap or just relax. Most times, kids want to go to pool so I bring my reading book and off we go. We will have lunch by the pool (or snacks depending how late breakfast was). I usually enjoy a nice frozen drink! We stay here for a few hours, then shower and get ready for the evening plans! With Disney parks taking so much out of you, we like to have some downtime!! Lisa ::MickeyMo :wave:

I almost always go in September or October. I like to head straight for a water park. Whether in a large group or alone. I don't bother much with the slides, just grab a lunch or ice cream and then grab an inner tube and float for a while, then use the wave pool.

If we're using disney transportation, we rent a locker or two for our stuff while in the theme parks, otherwise we stash the stuff in the trunk.

When we've had enough we shower and head off for the evening's entertainment.

I think I enjoy the water parks the most.

:fish:

Our 6yo doesn't nap anymore, so on our last trip, we brought our portable DVD player, hooked it up in the room and watched a movie! We bought new movies just for the trip. Going back to your hotel, swimming and just relaxing in the quiet of your room is an alternative if you feel you'll wake up groggy after a nap.

After our movie time (sometimes we play cards or read), we shower, change and head out for dinner. Sometimes we go back to the parks, sometimes just to a resort for dinner, DTD or the Boardwalk.
Out last trip was our best one yet and we spent very little time at the parks.

On our upcoming trip we don't plan on returning to the parks at all in the evenings. We are just going to hang out at our resort.

Balance is the key...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter