For those who have sailed out of Galveston...

beachpal

DVC member
Any idea what time the early walk off on disembarkation day began for those with their own luggage?:coffee:

I think we got a 730am time. Smooth process if you can carry your own stuff. I was back home in San Antonio by Noon (roughly 4hr drive)

Galveston can sometimes get fogged in. Therefore, it could be afternoon before the ship arrives at port.

we were on the cruise that came back on 11/30 and they didn't clear the ship and open the gateway till 8:10am or so. That was later than they had planned, as the documented time was 7:30am. Not sure why they ran late.

Heed this advice. Apparently it happens quite often. It happened to us and we missed our flight...ended up having to stay overnight and take a flight out the next day.

Galveston can sometimes get fogged in. Therefore, it could be afternoon before the ship arrives at port.

Oh the fog in the "winter" months is horrible. Make sure you have enough bounce in your plans to roll with the changes.

I live here and have never been delayed due to fog. Yes it happens but it's not like every cruise. Can't predict weather.

Fog in January delayed our return by several hours... May have been like 3 when we got off the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter