• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? for those who have returned recently (no outside beverages at MK)

prplcrzy

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
My husband's co-worker just came back and said that they weren't allowed to bring in outside beverages into the MK. He said they had no problem in the other parks, but had to get rid of bottled water before entering MK.

Just wondering if people experienced this as well, or maybe it was just an off day with a security guard.

Thanks!

Nancy

I brought bottled water in my backpack last weekend to the Magic Kingdom with no issue at all.

My husband's co-worker just came back and said that they weren't allowed to bring in outside beverages into the MK. He said they had no problem in the other parks, but had to get rid of bottled water before entering MK.

Just wondering if people experienced this as well, or maybe it was just an off day with a security guard.

Thanks!

Nancy

Unless it was alcohol or a glass bottle or alcohol in a glass bottle ;) that is not true rules have not changed

We just got back last Friday. I was drinking out of an open, (plastic) water bottle just about every time we went to MK, and I had no problem at all.

Just got back and took in canned sodas and water bottles. No issue at all.

Thanks for your posts, glad to hear things haven't changed. I told DH I thought it was weird that I hadn't seen anything about it on the boards.

Nancy

When I saw the title,

I was worried someone was gonna try and pry my Kona pressed coffee out of my hands.

you don't wanna mess with me or my coffee. I don't share!:coffee:

:scared1:

Might it have been an issue with the cooler rather than the beverages? I think they allow small soft sided coolers, but not hard sided or wheeled coolers.

Thanks!

Nancy

Sounds like a mistake, IMHO.

I took a freaking goopy chocolate shake to MK one morning in a huff to down my mixed in medication and make my ADR in time. Security said nothing about the container, neither did a single CM.

They have been known to check water bottles with broken seals for evidence of alcohol. Not sure how they can detect it.

We were just there (got home yesterday) and had no problems taking open water bottles into any of the parks.:confused3

I'm always confused how these rumors start? We bring in soft-sided coolers with juice boxes, soda, water and snacks. No issue!

Other than the Bud Light the next to us was trying to bring in, I didn't see any restrictions 2 weeks ago when we were there. Although, we get the impression that security bag check was much more thorough.

Thanks for your posts...as far as I know, they were just bringing in regular plastic water bottles and the guard had them throw them away. Sounds like nothing has changed there and it was just an isolated incident. Would be a huge deal for us going in July, we bring lots of water in with us.

Nancy

We have never had a problem. My SIL (they are locals) even brings her soft sided cooler with Pepsi, as we are not Coke fans! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter