For those who have rented from Dollar at MCO

Cdn Friends of Pooh

DIS Veteran
... what has been your experience getting the car you've reserved? Have you encounted any difficulties or problems with Dollar? :confused3

We've rented from Dollar three times at MCO and never had any problems. I'd have no problem renting from them again.:cheer2:

I am renting from Dollar at the Sanford Airport. Mousesavers rated them high on their list!!
Does anyone have there 800 number? I need to call and make a change to our ressie.

Does anyone know how much Dollar rents their carseats for? I guess I ahve to call since there isn't a link on the site.

Does anyone know how much Dollar rents their carseats for? I guess I have to call since there isn't a link on the site.

It has been a few years since I have rented a car seat, but I believe it was $10 a day back then. They gave me the car seat right there at the reservation desk and I had to carry it out to the lot.

... what has been your experience getting the car you've reserved? Have you encounted any difficulties or problems with Dollar? :confused3

I have rented from Dollar at MCO many, many times. If you have time before your trip, I recommend you sign up for Fast Lane. It doesn't cost anything and you will have a special line for faster pickup.

I have never had them tell me they do not have my car available. However, I usually only reserve an intermediate.

One time I had a mechanical problem, but I wasn't even out of the airport yet, so I just took the car back and got another.

The customer service reps are very nice and do not push insurance or upgrades. However, I have been upgraded several times for no charge at all.

I rent from Dollar all the time. They are great. But they *never* have the class of car I've booked. I book "Economy" and get "Compact" most of the time, and a Mid-size every now and then. I'm pretty sure they don't even have any cars in the Economy class.

I didn't have a great customer service experience last year. We rented a minivan ... when we showed up with 3 kids, carseats, a double stroller, two suitcases and the older boys' small rolling packs, the customer service rep told us we "had" to upgrade to a Grand Caravan because we were not going to fit into a regular Caravan that we had rented (I never saw more than one minivan option when I made the ressie or I would have made sure I was booking a Grand Caravan. I had no idea there was a difference)

We refused to pay $150 more and told her we would make the Caravan work. At that point, she said she would take pity on us :rolleyes1 and upgrade us to a Magnum. Which worked fine as far as space goes, the el cheapo seatbelts that don't automatically tighten were an issue but that is a Chrysler/Dodge problem.

As a point, DH and I decided to count the number of Caravans vs. Grand Caravans/Town & Countrys parked in the aisles. We saw one regular Caravan and 16 of the larger models. DH won't use Dollar again as a consequence.

I was going to sign up for Dollar Express but you have to list a business name and I do not own a business. Is there any way around this? I certainly would like to register so I don't have to wait.

Just put 'N/A' in the business name, and for the business phone, put your home number. Worked for me.

Bonny

Got a great rate for May from Dollar & have never used them before. Happy to hear about all the good experiences! I signed up for the Dollar Express last night!! Thanks for the tips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter