For those who have long trips to Disney planned?

Mercy

<font color="blue">never been tagged ... until now
I just read a post on another board that said they were staying at Disney for 16 nights! Wow, that's a long time! Ok, my question is (and I love WDW but...) what do you do for 16 nights? Do you go to the parks every day? Hang out at your resort? Visit off-site attractions? Just curious.

We've had our first 2 week trip in 2002, and have our next one planned for next summer. For our two week trip next summer, we plan on buying 7 day hoppers. We won't hit the parks on our arrival and departure days, and will go to the water parks a couple of times. We also plan on visiting Sea World for a day. Other than that, we plan on a few resort days lounging by the pool. If you think about it, it really is possible and VERY relaxing in our opinion. Total 15 days:

2 days for arrival and departure
7 WDW park days
1 Sea World day
2 Water Park Days
3 Pool days

We were just there for two weeks and one day was Discovery Cove for the girls, DH and I spent the day viewing the new BCV rooms, where we were moving to on day 4, stopping at BCV front desk and working with CM as to best room and putting in request.
Then we all spent a day at Sea World, our night of arrival we also did Sea World since DH and I had a pass good until the end of the year and the girls had their 7 day passes from Discovery cove. Another night we did minature golf and walked around the boardwalk. One day we did Blizzard beach. Then we move to BCV and we got the Boat and Bike plan and every afternoon we were at WL on the boats. Dh and I maybe did 3 days of parks while the girls hit the parks every day, morning and night, and then took the bus to WL for boats. We also did Pleasure Island once for DH and I and twice for girls, second time when older sister and friend came for the weekend. We still did not do everything we wanted to do. Found a new drink at Storm-Along-Bay called Stormalong, it is a frozen drink and great. Time goes by fast when you want to absorb all of the Disney magic. There are so many things to do besides the parks. I would love to do another 2 week trip, but our next biggy is to Hawaii so not sure when we will get a chance. I will fit it in somehow, I already miss my home away from home!!:earsgirl: :(

My best friend and I are going April/May 2004 for 18 glorious days (yes, my DH is going to miss me but he is not the Disney fanatic that I am and he is very supportive!!).We have PAP so we can go in and out of parks as much or as little as we want. We will probably not go each day to a park. We usually go to Typhoon Lagoon several times. We also have lots of time scheduled at the spas at GF and hopefully Saratoga Springs will be open for our trip. We do lots of R&R by our resort pools, read books and just soak up the ambiance of our resort. We also have quite a few wonderful dining experiences....there are sooo many good restaurants to choose from!! We are definately renting mouseboats while we are at the GF, our first time at this resort!! We are hoping to have enough time to do everything we want!! The only problem with a trip this long is the re-entry into the "real" world.....we will be in massive depressions after this!

dh and I will be going to WDW for 16 nights on Novemebr 22nd!
We have stayed for 14 nights several times, this trip at 16 nights will be our longest one yet!
We have annual passes, so we come and go in the parks as we please,
we spend some time hanging out at the Pool, we are staying at the yachtc Club the whole time this time, and we love storm a l long bay, so we'll spend time there, and we spend a lot of time strolling around world showcase, we hang around the boardwalk, and our favorite thing...take naps!!!!!!!! ahh, only on vacation!

we dont go off site, sometimes we go to Down town isney to shop, basically, instead of a crazy tiringvacation of running around parks all day, we actually have a relaxing time!!!!!!! It is the best!!!

cant wait!!!!!!! :)

Laura :)

Well,
What will we do for 16 nights in November?

All the parks, some of us are going to Universal, some of us are
going to the water parks, some of us are going shopping- some of us are going on a tour or two, some of us are taking time to do DisneyQuest and PI- When you only get one family vacation a year- you do all you can- the longer the better.

We normally do the parks commando-missing the hidden magic around WDW. This trip will give us time to slow down, enjoy each park and all it has to offer, try many different restaurants, more of the shows and more recreational actvities that WDW has to offer(I have always wanted to rent watermice-this trip I will have the time).

On our 16 night trip we are meeting up with my favourite Uncle who lives on the other side of Canada and whom I haven't seen in more than 5 years(We are in Ontario, he is in British Columbia- for all you geography nuts out there you know how far this is). With the cost of airfare in Canada it is close to impossible to have the whole family physically together more than 1 or two times every five years. My Uncle introduced us to the magic of Disney- so what would be a better place for a family reunion than WDW?

Thinking about the length of our stay- even 16 nights won't be long enough for us- especially knowing that once this trip is over it may be another 5 years before we get together again. Even with email, phones, snail mail, Christmas cards, Birthday cards- there is nothing like 16 nights of Real Hugs from the ones you love.

We had a wonderful 17 day trip this past spring. Needless to say, you don't have the "rush rush rush" feeling.

One other place that is fun to visit is Celebration. There is some nice shopping and good places to eat. Also, there is a really nice lake/pond to stroll around.:D

We have a 14 night stay planned for this December/January and I'm already worrying about how we're going to squeeze in everything we want to do! I know that for various reasons people go on shorter trips, finances, work/school scheduling, etc. but I think it's funny when people only stay for for a few days to a week because they think they'll be bored or run out of things to do. :)

We have seven park days planned and a day each in Universal, Sea World and IOA. Add the arrival/departure days as someone stated, and a rest day in between, and those two weeks are filled up very easily! I'm almost hoping that the weather won't be too warm, because I don't know when we'll fit those water park days in....

Hhmmmm..... well maybe I need to make my trip a little longer then!! I only have a 10 night trip planned. :smooth:

Since we drive to WDW, we do like to go for longer than a week, but I don't think we can afford to go for more than 10 nights right now :( I also don't think I will have enough vacation time either.

We just came back last month from a 17 day trip to WDW and even though some people think WOW, too long, for us it's never long enough. We spent the first week at the Poly, Concierge, which is a vacation all to itself! The last 9 nights we spent at OKW. We have been members since it opened so for us it is like visiting our "other home". We did the FTP the first week and then bought APS (ours had expired this past spring so the timing was perfect). We went to the parks most days, did tons of stuff, and had a wonderful fantastic time. I keep meaning to write about our trip, hopefully I'll get to it soon!! But for now just wanted to add my 2 cents, it's NEVER long enough, Disney is sooo big and there is sooo much to do that we never get tired of it!

When you only get one family vacation a year- you do all you can- the longer the better.>>>>.

I agree! We are going for 21 days in December and we want to do a lot, but we want to relax too. By going for a longer time we can do half days or drop in for the evening but not feel like we have to spend a whole day at a park. I must say the DIS boards with all the info here, made me realize such a long trip was doable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter