for those who have just sailed (10 credit photo pkg)

lidec

Mouseketeer
Can you buy the 10 credit photo package on the boat or do you have to order it ahead of time?

I sailed in early June on a Dream 5-night. The only packages available on board were the 20-credit and the 40-credit.

Photo packages onboard are the same price as pre-buy. You will probably need more than you think--their pictures are really good and I NEVER like pictures of myself!

Technically.. if you only want 10 credits you have to pre-pay.. which I didn't do and ended up spending more $ than I would have. The price of the 20 & 30 credit packages are the same as if you buy on board...

Photo packages onboard are the same price as pre-buy. You will probably need more than you think--their pictures are really good and I NEVER like pictures of myself!

Technically.. if you only want 10 credits you have to pre-pay.. which I didn't do and ended up spending more $ than I would have. The price of the 20 & 30 credit packages are the same as if you buy on board...

For our 5-night, the prepurchase options (10 credit, 30 credit) were not available once on board. On board, they only offered the 20 and 40.

As for price, you get a 50% discount on all packages and individual prints if you buy the photo CD first.

You're more than likely going to need more than 10 points. Just a little advice...have them take as many pictures of you, buy the cd for $250 (5 night itinerary price) then take advantage of the 50% off the package price of the prints. You won't regret it!

Have a wonderful cruise!

I bought mine before the cruise. It was plenty. We were on the med cruise and did not have much time to take pictures, which I had not thought of before. I actually had to pick 2 stock pictures to use up the 10 credits.

We bought the 20-credit on the med cruise, and we did actually use all of them - so many of the pictures were in 8x10 format, and those take 2 credits each, so it wasn't hard.

Then again, my kids LOVED getting character pictures, and despite the fact that I had my camera, once the photog took his/her pictures, my kids inevitably moved or pulled a goofy face (despite our reminding them that Mommy gets the last picture) so we ended up buying more than expected....

Where would one go to pre-purchase the 10 or 20 credits?

Then on the ship, we just get our photos taken wherever we see a photographer and then choose from the photos and have them print it?

Also on the dress up night (we are on a 3-night Dream), are there any nice backgrounds where we can get our photos taken?

Sorry for the questions - cruise newbie here :)

Where would one go to pre-purchase the 10 or 20 credits?

Then on the ship, we just get our photos taken wherever we see a photographer and then choose from the photos and have them print it?

Also on the dress up night (we are on a 3-night Dream), are there any nice backgrounds where we can get our photos taken?

Sorry for the questions - cruise newbie here :)

You can pre-purchase whatever packages are available for your cruise in the Gifts & Amenities section of the DCL website.

Yes, you can get your photos taken wherever you see a photographer. However, you have no control over what pictures or in what sizes those pictures will appear in your folder later. The pictures that appear can be bought (individually or using credits from your package) as-is or left behind.

My family didn't take any, but I saw folks getting formal pictures taken in one of two spots: either in front of the Donald statue at the base of the staircase in the atrium, or in front of a white background off in a side alcove of the atrium. I assume that white background was filled in by Shutters with some kind of scenic background before being printed.

You can pre-purchase whatever packages are available for your cruise in the Gifts & Amenities section of the DCL website.

Yes, you can get your photos taken wherever you see a photographer. However, you have no control over what pictures or in what sizes those pictures will appear in your folder later. The pictures that appear can be bought (individually or using credits from your package) as-is or left behind.

My family didn't take any, but I saw folks getting formal pictures taken in one of two spots: either in front of the Donald statue at the base of the staircase in the atrium, or in front of a white background off in a side alcove of the atrium. I assume that white background was filled in by Shutters with some kind of scenic background before being printed.

Actually on my last cruise in 2008 that white background was left alone. Lots of people being posed in all kinds of fun ways. Never did get a chance to try it. Thinking i might drag Dh to that 1 in Oct.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter