?? for those who have gotten sick on Mission Space...

pstepka

DIS Veteran
What other rides have made you sick? I'm trying to determine if those that are getting sick also get sick on other rides, or if some people who have NEVER gotten sick on a ride are getting sick on this one.

Thanks,
Pam

Mind you , I never actually got sick, but my stomach and head were "off" for about two hours after riding Mission Space. The only other ride at WDW that has this effect on me is the Rock and Roller Coaster. Good Luck !

I don't know if this helps but....
I rode Mission Space, and had NO problem at all ! A few hourws later I rode Body Wars, and felt sick for an hour afterwards.
I am usually prone to motion/car sickness--but I really wanted to try MS, and I follow the directions and did fine

Have fun !

I'm Lisa D.'s friend. I talked to her at work on Friday and see told me you and your family are heading down to Disney the week before us. I just wanted to say have a great trip! Bring Lisa back something nice (lol).

I plan to Ride MS and hope I don't get sick. I have gotten off Body Wars and felt queasy but I've also rode it and felt fine afterwards. I guess we'll see. I hope you do a trip report when you get back and let us know if you rode or not. Take care!

I'll definitely post a trip report! I don't normally get sick from rides, but did get VERY queesy (sp?) after a parasail ride last summer, and do get VERY queesy on small boats. So...we'll see about Mission Space. I'm definitely going to try it (on an empty stomach) and I'll follow all the rules. I'll let you know how it turns out!!!

Pam

It's hit or miss. You will do fine if you did fine on Body Wars and/or Star Tours, but from what I've seen, women have a hard time with the ride (no offense ladies!) Also, keep your head back, watch the screen, and don't close your eyes, you'll be fine! Also, you might want to take the Pilot or Commander position since I've found they make less people quessy since they are on the inside of the cabbin.

No ill effects whatsoever... and I had eaten right beforehand. I think it is one of the best that Disney has to offer!

i think this a ride you really do need to try--even if it is only once.
i rode it last week.
ds10 thought it was the best and wanted to do it again.
i could not do it again even at 8pm.
the feeling was amazing,i guess very true to a real space experience. i was nervous and focused straight ahead.
i did get light headed and queasy.
glad we landed safely and stopped at mars.
i was afraid of returning to earth-hahaah.
again ds and dh did enjoy it.
i do get motion sickness on some rides.

I rode it and got sick, but I am prone to motion sickness. Star Tours, and especially Body Wars can trigger motion sickness for me. I did keep my head back, had read the warnings. Truthfully, I didn't feel normal again until the next day! However, I didn't take any medication in advance. I will when we go in December. I was bummed because the ride is neat, and I'm a thrill ride junkie. I suspect that the spinning of the centrifugue which generates the forces is what does it, even though I couldn't feel the spinning at all. Spinning and side to side sway type motions are what are most likely to make me sick. Coasters, fortunately, don't usually do that.

I rode it last month and did not get "sick", but felt a little wierd afterward. I wasn't sure I'd go back on it. I have never gotten sick on a ride before and this was a first. I want to try it again on our December trip, thinking it's something I will like better each time (ToT was this way for me).
Lisa

Motion Simulators make me sick. Any one that I have ever been on has done it. I have never thrown up before but have felt like I was going to. I can ride any roller coaster and be fine. I went on Mission Space knowing this and felt bad for the rest of the day. I won't be going on this ride again, but Im glad I got to experiance it. It may be worth it.

As someone else said this is a ride that you have to try at least once. I get motionsick and won't even think about trying Bodywars and Star Tours makes me really queasy but I was determined to try this ride. I can ride the biggest fasted roller coasters but I got nervous standing in the que for mission space. :rolleyes:

You don't feel the spinning and the take off is a lot like Rock n rollercoaster. What did me in was the motion simulation part of the ride at the end. I was ok up until that part. It took me 15-20 minutes afterwards to get my bearings back.

I don't know if I will ride this again but I am so glad I did ride it because it is unlike anything else out there. The single rider that filed out our car had ridden it 8 times that day.

Does anyone know if they have a "photo op" on this ride? You know, like when they take a photo mid-scream on ToT or SM, and you can buy it at the end of the ride? I am definitely going to try Mission space, but it sounds like it may be a "one-time only" ride for me. I'd like the photo to prove I made it through the experience!! Thanks for any info.

My DH gets ill with high-speed, tight turns and he was ill during $ after MS. Even though you don't feel the circular spin, it is like being in a high-speed centrifuge. He was ill for quite some time. I don't think that the ups and downs are significant enough to cause any sickness but the spinning is a real issue.

I did not get sick on it (took dramamine when I first got in line), but I think it should be noted that there is no conveniently close bathroom to this ride. I think they should consider a restroom at the end of the ride, which would also be helpful for those non-riders waiting in the playground at the ride exit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter