? for those who have been on the "new" Space Mountain

K

kellymouse

For those of you who have been lucky enough to go on the soft opening of Space Mountain, I have some questions.
I always go on SM, but I am terrified of it! I was wondering if the newly remodeled one is supposed to be more scary, not as scary, or about the same? I am hoping for not as scary but I would doubt that.
Thanks for any info you have.
:earsgirl:

It is the same track layout with different music & special effects, so the experience is going to be similar as before.

My guess and just my guess because I won't get to ride until the 16th. But the track layout is exactly the same, so the ride itself should be about the same. The "special effects" during the ride were updated, so unless they have made them scarier then my guess is that the will be the same "scariness."

I've heard that it is even darker inside now. So even though the track is the same, you can't see any of it like you used to be able to.

We're leaving in the AM for a long weekend at DL...hope we get lucky and there is a soft opening for Space Mountain. We were there last summer and it was closed...can't believe we might miss it 2 years in a row :(

got2travel said:
I've heard that it is even darker inside now.

I've heard the same thing...but I have to wonder. Is it because everyone is riding in the daytime? I know this used to be the case on Space and still is for Pirates. Your pupils do not have time to adjust to the darkness so everything seems darker.

Now...this is just speculation since I have not been on it...but it's just a thought.

I always thought that Space Mtn was a little dark, which was cool - much darker than the one @ WDW, at least. I guess we won't see the tracks at all now. :teeth:

jxgriffi said:
I've heard the same thing...but I have to wonder. Is it because everyone is riding in the daytime? I know this used to be the case on Space and still is for Pirates. Your pupils do not have time to adjust to the darkness so everything seems darker.

Now...this is just speculation since I have not been on it...but it's just a thought.

Nope. It's really darker. With the old version, you could see all the track pieces around you. With the new version you can't.

That is true...I couldn't see the track pieces at all today. Still can't get over how fast and smooth is seemed, much more so than the WDW version.

jxgriffi said:

apparently, they painted the floor black and not sure if other surfaces were painted black. This helps absorb some of the light that is in there. Also, when they redid the queue, they got rid of the windows where you could see the ride. They basically did what they could to get rid of all the lgiht leaks in there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter