For those who have been in Feb or March

crow11ad

Disney Magic Maker and Tower of Terror Expert!
We are going the last weekend of Feb to almost the middle of March. How are the crowds and the weather?

We are going the last weekend of Feb to almost the middle of March. How are the crowds and the weather?

By mid-March there can be large increases in attendance as many schools begin...

Spring-BREAK-DISblue.jpg

The link below ought to help with approx. dates for the major colleges across the country-

http://www.tripsmarter.com/panamacity/springbreak/sbcalendar.htm

Happy reading!

-------------------------------------------------

And, here's a Poll about Spring Break 2011-

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2423185

Crowd levels should be great until around March 5, which will bring Mardi Gras, Carnival (Brazil) and college spring break crowds. The further you get into March, the more crowded it will get. The weather at that time could be cool, rainy, sunny or mild.

We've been there for the first week in March 8 times since 1999. I'd call the crowds 'Moderate', use FastPass, get to your early park at rope drop and you won't get short changed. Expect daily highs in the 70s, 80s are not uncommon but in 2009 the last half of our stay had chilly mornings. March has the 3rd lowest rainfall in Orlando.

Bill From PA

We went in early March a couple years ago. NOT during the USA Spring Break times. That being said, we had noticed for the first time, that there were a lot of foreign travelers at that time.

I went back to look at our pictures, and in every picture the kids had on shorts or capri pants and tee shirts. Some of the early morning and late afternoon pictures, they had lite sweatshirts or jackets on. Only one day was it warm enough to go to the pool, in my opinion. However, several of the older kids traveling with us swam many of the days and weren't concerned about the coolness!

I don't remember it being SO crowded that it was uncomfortable. We used fastpasses when necessary.

I do remember that we were able to get ADRs calling that day - which may not be the same now due to the free dining.

Happy planning!!

We went in 2008, March 9-15 for our honeymoon. I thought the weather was awesome! In the sun it was nice and warm but in the shade it could get slightly chilly (and I definitely do not like hot weather). It only rained one day that I remember. I don't remember much about crowds except that it wasn't dead nor was it crowded. I'm thinking it must have been moderate. I think it's a great time to go!

First week of March is so far my favorite time of year for the exact reasons you mentioned. The weather was perfect - my kids swam during the day while the wife and I enjoyed the hot tub. Cool at night but not cold. Crowds were very reasonable.

This past March was one of the coldest and it was chilly! It was warmer in Colorado where I am from than in Florida. I was able to go swimming just one day and I was still very chilly. It was very windy too. As for crowds, it was leading into Spring Break time and it felt more crowded than in late April/early May or end of September but definitely not as crowded as summer.

My advice - for crowd info, check touringplans (30 to 60 days prior to going if you want the 'free' calendar) and subscribe to tourguide Mike (I used him my last time and it was good advice - spot on for crowds and which park would be the 'best'). For weather, don't get your sights on it being one way or the other just check out accuweather starting 10 days prior to leaving and check everyday on the forecast. By the time you are ready to leave, you should have a good idea on the weather and if you should bring more shorts...or more pants!

This past March was one of the coldest and it was chilly! It was warmer in Colorado where I am from than in Florida. I was able to go swimming just one day and I was still very chilly. It was very windy too. As for crowds, it was leading into Spring Break time and it felt more crowded than in late April/early May or end of September but definitely not as crowded as summer.

My advice - for crowd info, check touringplans (30 to 60 days prior to going if you want the 'free' calendar) and subscribe to tourguide Mike (I used him my last time and it was good advice - spot on for crowds and which park would be the 'best'). For weather, don't get your sights on it being one way or the other just check out accuweather starting 10 days prior to leaving and check everyday on the forecast. By the time you are ready to leave, you should have a good idea on the weather and if you should bring more shorts...or more pants!

or you can use the free calendar at easywdw.com and see that info now instead of waiting for 30-60 days out.

Thank you all so much. This will be our first time with a 4 year old and 13 month old + sis n law and her roomate. So excited and free dining rocks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter