For those upgraded at AKL....

We were upgraded without asking in early May 2003-from std. to savannah. We checked in about 9:00am. It was a trip of a lifetime!::yes::

August 2003 for our honeymoon. Standard view to Savannah King bed room. We did not ask for it.

Mid august 2002
To a standard to pool because are room wasn't going to be ready for a long time so they gave us a pool.we checked in around 3:00, i think

Standard to pool view without asking, Sept 2003.

June, August, and October (mid to end of month all three) in 2003, and yes, I shamelessly begged via fax.

Did you guys use a TA or not? Seems to be, in my experience, that you have a better chance of upgrades when booked on your own.

We just got back this morning from our first stay at AKL. We booked a discounted standard view and were upgraded to a pool view with partial savannah view. We were in room 4018 on the Giraffe Trail and could see the whole pool area and then beyond the pool we could see the flamingo pond and a portion of the savannah. We saw wildebeests, kudu, and giraffes at different times from our balcony.

We checked in, by the way, around noon on Tuesday, March 9th.

We were upgraded from standard to pool view. We didn't ask. Our rooms were just a short walk up the incline past the Gift Shop. :)

July 4, 2003 from standard to savannah. The room was at the far end of Kudu Trail and quite a walk from the lobby. Saw lots of critters though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter