For those there now...

We were spoiled over spring break. That was trip 27 for us and we all concluded that it might be very hard to go back in the summer anytime soon. We love staying in the parks all day or at least longer than when we are there in the summer. It was so nice to not be BURNING HOT. However, a day at Disney in the summer is better than NO DAYS IN DISNEY.

That's funny on the pool heaters :) :)

We still go to the parks even in the dead of summer. Though it's not for extended periods of time. Either early, early in the day or later in the afternoons. Very rarely do we do an "all day" deal in the summer months.
Ugh. I remember those summers working in disney while going to UCF. I never sweated so bad while working in splash mountain. Area supervisor used to yell at me not to sweat so much which is impossible when standing out in the sun.

We used to go the last week in June because airfare is so expensive during the April school break. However, this year we decided to splurge on the airfare and go in April. I don't think we will ever do another summer trip to WDW. The heat/humidity is just too much for us. The last time we went in the summer was in June of 2012. It rained the for first couple of days. Then the tropical storm moved out and we had nothing but sunshine for the rest of week. That was good news, but it was also mid to upper 90's and absurdly humid. We powered through it and had an awesome time, but between the high temps, humidity and scorching sun we were toast by the end of the week. As other posts mentioned, the pool didn't offer relief because the the water was so warm. Anyway, on our last day we went to AK and had a 5p ADR at Boma (which we were all very much looking forward to). But we were so done with the heat at that point, we all agreed to cancel the ADR, leave AK right after lunch, and chill at the condo for the rest of the day.

Being from the north we're just not used to the extreme heat. Personally, I handle the extreme cold much better than the extreme heat. With the cold, you can dress warm and layer up. With the heat there's just no escape!

Being from the north we're just not used to the extreme heat. Personally, I handle the extreme cold much better than the extreme heat. With the cold, you can dress warm and layer up. With the heat there's just no escape!

This - although extreme cold, I'm completely miserable as well. If only I could find a place to live 24/7 where the temps only varied from low 60s to mid 80s. :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter