For those that like SSR...which section do you prefer

I'm a Congress Park girl. Love the view of DTD and the short walk to Marketplace via the walkway. Just be sure to request a DTD view. Just requesting CP doesn't guarantee that view. I found that out the hard way. :sad:

Enjoy! :goodvibes

I love Congress Park. That is the only section in which I have stayed. I was thinking about trying the Springs the next time or the Paddock.

We loved the Springs during our visit earlier this month! Location was excellent, never had a problem getting a seat on a bus on the way to the parks even though it was the last stop. Room hadn't been renovated yet, but was in good order. Very, very happy with my choice of DVC resort, and wonderful cast members. Excellent first stay.

The new pool and area are very nice, but I still prefer the Congress Park area. I really like that quiet pool, and the nice view of DTD.

BWV Dreamin said:
Is Congress Park near the boat launch? Or is it easier to walk to DTD?

We stayed in Congress Park and walked to DTD. Our room was very far from the lobby, shopping, etc. and was poorly maintained. We did like the fact that the room was very near a quiet pool, and mug refill station though.

Our room was very far from the lobby, shopping, etc. and was poorly maintained.

What room? We were just in 1135 for one night, and had to move because the entire 2 bedroom was so mildewy. Their immediate response was to put an air freshener in the AC, but that would have made it much, much worse for me (as sensitive as I am to things like mold and mildew, artificial fragrances like that can throw me into asthma like nothing else), so we said a big NO to that. Moved, instead. They *promised* me they were taking it out of inventory to find and solve the problem, and wow I sure hope that's true.

Moved to the Paddock, and fell in love with the pool there. For pool purposes I'd stay there again. :)

We stayed in Congress Park and walked to DTD. Our room was very far from the lobby, shopping, etc. and was poorly maintained. We did like the fact that the room was very near a quiet pool, and mug refill station though.

All those rooms were just redone, I hope you reported any damage. :confused3

I love Congress Park and Grandstand! CP for DTD and Grandstand for how close it is to lobby/restaurants. I really love SSR! I own contracts at 5 DVC resorts (BWV, HHI, SSR, AKV, BLT) and I put SSR in my top 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter